Trouble with gas

Herbenny

Should I rephrase that 🤣

First time I have stepped into the can since last year just had no motivation. Everything seems ok the heater is blowing fine and getting warm but trying to light the cooker and hob is impossible ...
Can’t hear the gas at all .. normally you hear of filtering it through. Do you think I just need to be patient and keep trying it ? Is there anything g else I can do ?
Thanks for any advice

Should I rephrase that 🤣

First time I have stepped into the van since last year just had no motivation. Everything seems ok the heater is blowing fine and getting warm but trying to light the cooker and hob is impossible ...
Can’t hear the gas at all .. normally you hear of filtering it through. Do you think I just need to be patient and keep trying it ? Is there anything g else I can do ?
Thanks for any advice

If this helps - After not using my gas appliances for even a few weeks, takes time for gas to pass through the pipes. The Fridge sometimes takes a few sparks to ignite.
You should be able to smell gas after a while.

with my gas installation there is a cut-off valve (part of a gauge) that needs to be reset (by pressing gauge in my case) when the gas bottle is turned on, otherwise no gas to sent through to the pipework.

Could that be your problem? I know it caught me out a couple of times until I remembered I had to reset the gauge and wondered why the gas wasn't working :)

When ours fails to light I try a sharp bang with a spanner on the solenoid/gas valve thingy which can sometimes stick.
If you follow the gas pipe back from the burner its the first lump thing that looks like a "solenoid gas valve"
It's got it working for us on 3 separate occasions.

If other circuits are working and the manifold tap is open but no gas comes out of any if the burners then the cutoff valve operated by raising the hob lid must be the problem.
One would think that it ought to just work as a positive motion on opening the lid but it might have a spring to 'soften' the action.
Maybe the valve is stuck and the spring is compressing?
Repeated lid opening or more direct pressure somehow?
Just thinking aloud really - hope it helps.

if you press in the burner knob ,and hold a flame into the hob , even if the pipes are full of air ,the bottle pressure should cause the flame to flicker. if it doesn't ,then try another regulator

if you press in the burner knob ,and hold a flame into the hob , even if the pipes are full of air ,the bottle pressure should cause the flame to flicker. if it doesn't ,then try another regulator
Regulator is ok - heating works

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back