Truma boiler issues

Danny Richards

Free Member

I have a 2008 Rapido with a truma combi boiler which has stopped working fan for blown air not blowing but free gas not lighting changed over bottles to see if that helps new regulator fitted last year with filters main board changed 2018 with new electric elements. Brain not computing duh.
Any help ideas welcome

Are you hearing anything when you try to start boiler

Slight buzzing sound then clunk the red light on control
When its buzzing can you feel any air coming out of the heater outlets not like the blower just a slight draught this would be the expel air fan which clears the chamber before it ignites the gas if this fan doesn't run for a few seconds the heater won't light

I will also go for low battery voltage , check the voltage at the boiler end plus all connectors are clean and pushed into place , also is it working on 240v ?

I had this last year. Found that when I removed the fan that it was chocked with debris. Because of this the thing would constantly lock out. Easy fix.

+1 for voltage
I had a faulty fan, (which is easy to change) and it went clunk and then red light as it checks that the fan is running before it will light the gas.
But you need to check the led's to see the fault code.
David

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back