truma boiler

kdennis61

Free Member

hi,my internal electrics failed.its CBE equipment.i have bypassed everything except the boiler.Its a truma c3402,when i connect a 12v feed it blows the fuse,any ideas would be appreciated,thanks

It would be good if there was someone who knew the ins and out of these boilers on this forum. I would pay for the right information! Had an ignighter go on mine but still have a new problem!

hi,my internal electrics failed.its CBE equipment.i have bypassed everything except the boiler.Its a truma c3402,when i connect a 12v feed it blows the fuse,any ideas would be appreciated,thanks
Have you checked that the polarity is right? have you checked that the fuse is the right fuse?,

is there a 12V heating element in that boiler? probably gone shorted if there is.
If just 12V electronics/electrics, probably a PCB assuming you have checked for any stray loose wires floating around and touching things they shouldn't.

If it's a pcb issue if you contact truma for the board number I have a brand new unopened pcb from truma that I have not used
half price if it is of any good

is there a 12V heating element in that boiler? probably gone shorted if there is.
If just 12V electronics/electrics, probably a PCB assuming you have checked for any stray loose wires floating around and touching things they shouldn't.
Hi,thanks for all the advice.managed to get someone to come and look at it,now sorted but don't know what the problem was,nothing serious as it only took 10 minutes.

Hi,thanks for all the advice.managed to get someone to come and look at it,now sorted but don't know what the problem was,nothing serious as it only took 10 minutes.
Good, I hate it when people fix stuff but don't tell you how or why it went wrong.

Good, I hate it when people fix stuff but don't tell you how or why it went wrong.
These people are excellent at repairing Truma heaters, they sorted mine out after Truma told me it couldn't be repaired because it was too old and there were no parts available anymore, Truma did however offer me a free no obligation quote for fitting a new one 🤔
Oh they and even explained what had gone wrong and what they did to repair it. My son lives near them so we arranged a time to go over thinking at least we'll have some where to stay but they did while I waited (y)

Regards,
Del

Not sure if it was the same outfit but our ultrastore water heater wouldn't fire up so I sent the PCB to a outfit on Ebay £45 sent it back I'd taken pictures of both sides of the board and I'd made a few light marks, it came back untouched, no new solder or anything.

Glad you got it sorted, be good to hear who fixed it & where from for anyone on here that needs help in the future 😀.

it was a chap from round the corner from me,he used to work for swift(now retired)I wasnt at home when he came & not seen him yet so dont know what he did.
That is very handy, find out what he drinks and make him your best friend :D :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back