Truma C Combi on steep drive

Hymer Snobs

Hi, I have a Trumatic Truma C Combi boiler & blown heating on my 2008 Hymer. The water heating works but when I switch to heating it clicks in for a few seconds then the red light comes on. On inspection the fan doesn't start (but I can move it freely by hand). Could this be because I'm parked on a steeply inclined drive? I know the gas fridge doesn't work on a slope so wonder if heating is similar?
Thanks

I'm on gas as this is a gas only truma, but I am on ehu so this isn't a battery fault and this is an analogue system so no LED display

There's been a good thread running on here.

It appears the room sensor is a good place to start. Disconnect the wire off the back of it, little black button looking thing somewhere on a wall, and if the heater runs flat out and no red light appears that is the culprit.

Cheers

H

I'm on gas as this is a gas only truma, but I am on ehu so this isn't a battery fault and this is an analogue system so no LED display
You should still get some info via the led's on the PCB in terms of pattern of flashes .....

Wonder if He tried this Be nice to know if its fixed yet
See my question and response on Hymer Snobs latest thread ........

Anyone postponing their Portsmouth Santander Ferry?​

Could it be your lesure battery is low .? I doubt an incline would affect heater ,check your cable is connected properly or blown the fuse ,

Last edited:
It's sad people don't inform folks who take time to reply then the op don't bother to give solutions or outcomes
this often helps other in need. ,hey how there you go
I have similar misgivings, Gordon, but wonder whether Forum Members could make better use of the Resources Section, by posting a 'XYZ Problem Fix on e,g, 2010 Ducato ...' This would help other Members to find solutions quicker, avoiding the need to troll through x pages of 'Have you tried the fuse?' queries in the Main Thread, and could be in the form of a brief intro to the problem, than a step-by-step guide to the fix routine, including the Part Number for replacement bits, and warnings about quirks such not getting Part xxxx which is, say, for a LWB model etc.

The Fix Sheet could also have a 'Initial Checks' Section or similar e.g. Step 3 Check the Fuse by removing it and testing with a Meter. Step 3 a If Fuse OK, check for operation of Master Switch etc etc

The final version of the Fix Sheet would probably be a hybrid between the old Haynes Manual and a Garage MOT Checklist document that Members could download to phones, and would be useful for solving the 'Help! Stuck in a field in Oxford and No Heatiing but LPG refilled' problems

Steve

I have similar misgivings, Gordon, but wonder whether Forum Members could make better use of the Resources Section, by posting a 'XYZ Problem Fix on e,g, 2010 Ducato ...' This would help other Members to find solutions quicker, avoiding the need to troll through x pages of 'Have you tried the fuse?' queries in the Main Thread, and could be in the form of a brief intro to the problem, than a step-by-step guide to the fix routine, including the Part Number for replacement bits, and warnings about quirks such not getting Part xxxx which is, say, for a LWB model etc.

The Fix Sheet could also have a 'Initial Checks' Section or similar e.g. Step 3 Check the Fuse by removing it and testing with a Meter. Step 3 a If Fuse OK, check for operation of Master Switch etc etc

The final version of the Fix Sheet would probably be a hybrid between the old Haynes Manual and a Garage MOT Checklist document that Members could download to phones, and would be useful for solving the 'Help! Stuck in a field in Oxford and No Heatiing but LPG refilled' problems

Steve
I see what you're saying there Steve but don't entirely agree, firstly they would need to know how a forum works and where to look for it, secondly it's why we have forums in the first place, to ask for & receive solutions, and thirdly if we did that, we couldn't disagree with the suggestions and fourthly, we wouldn't be able to moan about people not coming back to report if a solution worked or not.

You're just not thinking things through mate.

I see what you're saying there Steve but don't entirely agree, firstly they would need to know how a forum works and where to look for it, secondly it's why we have forums in the first place, to ask for & receive solutions, and thirdly if we did that, we couldn't disagree with the suggestions and fourthly, we wouldn't be able to moan about people not coming back to report if a solution worked or not.

You're just not thinking things through mate.
How very dare you, Kev? :D

I didn't propose removing the banter/back & forth/'Have you tried' posts which gives the mixing bowl of possible solutions, but which can be a pig to wade through, not least because various Posters send the discussion in multiple directions; rather, I was suggesting that the Thread be marked as 'Fixed/Answered/Solved', and that a separate Instruction Sheet/Step by Step Guide be inserted in the Resources Section so that quick process exists for someone who knows what the problem is, and just needs the instructions on how to repair it

As an example, when we broke our Fridge Door in Spain in March, I couldn't see how to access the broken bits, and it took an age to track down a [YouTube?] video where the Presenter did a:

1. Tools Needed
2. This is how you withdraw the handle, careful with the the pivot to release the securing pin
3.19mm Locking Nut hand pressure to release the internal catch

etc etc

For a technical numpty like me, it still took me well over an hour, because it's quite a fiddly process, and a couple of 'obvious' interim steps had been missed, but I managed to make the repair, rather than having to book the M/Home in at the Repairers who obtained the Spare Parts [they were run off their feet and couldn't fit me in for at least 14 days, so I saved 2 weeks and a tidy Labour Charge!]

I was writing the original post 'on the fly' and trying to edit as I wrote, so it's perfectly possible that it emerged as another 'I knew [roughly] what I meant when I wrote it' offering!

Steve

Yes and yes :D :D.

Try doing one of the freezer door hinges, you have to lie on your back and reach up, you still can't really see the screw holes but at least you can feel for it, knelt in front I had no chance, and why are they only 90 degree hinges and not 180.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back