Truma combi 6 leaking

Teddysx3

Free Member

Hello everyone. I have just bought a 2009 Knaus s liner 700. I have probably been sitting somewhere for a long time. The issue Im having is that when the system is off, during the night a steady drip from the pipe underneath the camper is present. I assume this is the frost control and water dump pipe. I have closed the frost protection because I used the heater yesterday. So the valve should be closed. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

Hello everyone. I have just bought a 2009 Knaus s liner 700. I have probably been sitting somewhere for a long time. The issue Im having is that when the system is off, during the night a steady drip from the pipe underneath the camper is present. I assume this is the frost control and water dump pipe. I have closed the frost protection because I used the heater yesterday. So the valve should be closed. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!
After refilling after the winter, I had a steady drip from the water dump pipe. Resolved by opening and reclosing the valve (which presumably may have had a bit of dirt or something causing it not to be 100% watertight).

Can you tell exactly where the drip is coming from? The Combi 6 will have an overflow/ relief valve on the unit itself which has a pipe attached that will drain through the floor and also has a frost dump valve. It may also have another drain valve just for draining the boiler. We have a Truma 6 with these 3 drain points underneath.

Hello there,

Thanks for your replies. Well I'm not so sure because this is my first camper. Let me explain how I noticed the leak.

I wanted to test the water pump and the systems as a whole. I filled up the fresh water tank, ran the pump and opened the sink to see if water come out. The pressure was so low that very little water came out of the sink, but I heard a leaking noise outside the camper. Went to see that the water was comming out from a dump pipe underneath the truma combi 6. Did a little research and found out that this dump valve was for the frost protection, and what do you know, my valve was opened, probably they flushed the system before they sold the camper to me. I close the valve and the huge leaking stopped, now the boiler was getting filled properly, but the pressure from the sink is still very low, is this normal? The pressure in the bathroom is much higher, is it low in the kitchen for a reason to save water?

Anyway i filled the boiler, warmed up the water, and I had warm water! The next day, I noticed that there was a wet spot right below the same dump pipe, I looked and saw that it is dripping, very slowly but constantly. So even with the frost protection closed, there is a drip, i think the water form the boiler inside the truma combi 6 was emptied overnight from the dripping. So my assumption is frost protection valve is leaking, because the dripping comes from the same pipe as in the begging when the frost valve was open.

I had this and it was a pressure relief valve, a common fault with them, it was changed under warranty, it took the engineer about 5 minutes to change it.

Was it cold overnight? The frost valve will open at temperatures less than 6 degrees Centigrade and dump your water.

Was it cold overnight? The frost valve will open at temperatures less than 6 degrees Centigrade and dump your water.
No unfortunately, It is summer where I live, and the water was still dripping during the day when I saw it, it was 20+ celcius...

No unfortunately, It is summer where I live, and the water was still dripping during the day when I saw it, it was 20+ celcius...
Do you get temperatures as low as 6 centigrade? Even if you do, you could take out or bypass the dump valve for now. This would at least help you keep the water in till you can get a new valve, if necessary.

If you look under the motorhome were the boiler is situated there will be two pipes, one is for the frost protection valve and the other is to release pressure, it would rule out one or the other if you see which pipe the water is coming out off, like I said in my earlier post when I had the water heater on it would drip due to a faulty relief pressure valve. It's easy to check, while underneath just get someone to turn the frost protection valve so that water runs out, then you will see which pipe that is. Then you can rule out what is actually at fault

After refilling the boiler there can be a drip from the valve on the boiler’s outlet elbow. This valve allows air to escape from the top of the boiler as it is filled with water. When the air has finished escaping the water pressure should close this valve but it sometimes doesn’t close properly and drips. The drips will be coming from a small tube that is attached to the valve.

If it drips more after heating the water, it's more likely to be the air / pressure relief valve than the frost dump valve.

They are in different places, so you ought to be able to work out which pipe is dripping and work back to where that pipe is on the Truma.

You said it's the same pipe as the frost dump valve, though. Are you certain about that? It would be a very unusual fault!

Hello all!

I have managed to fix this unite...I opened it, tightened the circular thing, it was a little looss, and adjusted the spring that brings back the button, it was also loose and couldn't keep it pushed and sealed.

Now no drips!!!

Thanks all for your answers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back