Truma heater

We've had a similar thing happen a couple of times with the Truma but been okay since. I think that we just turned up the thermostat and it kicked in proper. šŸ¤”

@Busylizzy, gif like me you have manual changeover valve and run off one cylinder at a time then you should alternate cylinder used. If you always have one refillable cylinder closed off it can overpressure in time despite the 80% valve as each fill it tries to put in more gas. Its the same if someone keeps pressing the button to get more gas in after it has knocked off full.

If you have both tanks open to use then it doesn't matter as they run together, in effect one big tank

Personally I'd run both together and instal a remote contents gauge so that I wouldn't have to mess about turning bottles on and off.

We had a similar problem with out last van, you may have tried this but after several attempts, and I mean several, it cleared what ever was wrong and fired up and worked.

Well it's quite easy to estimate how long your gas will last so just top up when getting close or anytime before. Just no need for any gas app.

This may be teaching my granny to suck eggs but I will post as some may not know.

everyone is turning off their bottles before refilling them arenā€™t they? If not this can damage the bulkhead regulator causing premature failure.
The pressure in an LPG tank is directly linked to the temperature. The regulator has to be able to cope with huge differences in tank pressure. The extra pressure from filling should not be a problem.

The pressure in an LPG tank is directly linked to the temperature. The regulator has to be able to cope with huge differences in tank pressure. The extra pressure from filling should not be a problem.
I think the key word here is ā€œshouldā€. I have forgotten to turn it off once or twice without a problem but generally feel it is better turned off. A sudden surge from 100psi to 200psi is asking a lot of the regulator.

I am happy to do what Gaslow recommend and I turn off both tanks before filling. I also make sure I alternate tanks so I donā€™t get over pressure in one cylinder.

Yes things should be fine and I know the tanks have 80% cut off valves. I also know it is easy to defeat the 80% cut off by simply pressing the fill button again (and again).

same as most things there are good and bad practices and overall that personal choice. I am more than happy for everyone to do as they prefer but will point things out if I think differently šŸ‘

My gas has only ever been turn off once when I fitted a new gauge with wires for a remote gauge in the van but that is the only time itā€™s been off in nearly 7 years and never had a prob.

Iā€™ve had a couple of issues. One was the regulator failure in Spain, the other was the heating not working when everything else did. If that was because the valve was still turned on or not, when filling I donā€™t know. But a gas fitter of our acquaintance says to turn it off, so I will.
When I remember šŸ˜³

I leave mine turned on for two reasons, one is in the winter I have the heating on 24/7 because I like it hot in the van (ask anyone who knows me ;)) and secondly I would never remember to turn them off anyway :confused:

Regards,
Del

I leave mine turned on for two reasons, one is in the winter I have the heating on 24/7 because I like it hot in the van (ask anyone who knows me ;)) and secondly I would never remember to turn them off anyway :confused:

Regards,
Del
That is ok if you have a crash regulator and burst protection on the high pressure hose but I still try to remember to turn off when filling.

I have always turned the gas off when filling, I have an automated reminder system shouting out "have you turned the gas off?" "I don't want to get blown up!!!!!"
Where can I get a automated Maggie?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back