Truma valve

Scotia

A friend of mine just purchased a Burstner T-star 680 and when looking around it I noticed a pair of molegrips clamped to the top of what looks like a dump valve. Can anyone confirm this is what the valve is and I presume its a quick fix for a faulty valve.20210905_104650.jpg20210905_101852.jpg

Whatever it is it's 12volt.

It's to stop the dump valve opening and releasing the water from the boiler unnecessarily. Mole grips seems a bit ott - a clothes peg would do.

Is this frost valve on all Truma Water Heaters or just some?

Specifically, fitted to an Truma Ultrastore circa 2007?

Is this frost valve on all Truma Water Heaters or just some?

Specifically, fitted to an Truma Ultrastore circa 2007?
I have no knowledge of the truma system.

There's one on mine found it great during the cold spells when temp drops and still water in system can be temperamental but would rather have it dump than pipes splitting etc

Last edited:
There's one one mine found it great during the cold spells when temp drops and still water in system can be temperamental but would rather have it dump than pipes splitting etc
Thing is ... If it dumped the water for no reason (temperamental) and you had the electric element on, you have almost certainly burnt that out if you don't notice.

Only time it has dumped with ours is in the driveway with no heating on when the heating is on it has never dumped gas or electric
many put clothes pegs on to stop operation but I've never done this

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back