Trying to find D+ fuse/relay on Ford-based Benimar van

BenimarGeoff

Free Member

We have a 2019 Benimar Tessoro 481, which is based on a FWD Ford Transit chassis. The vehicle is equipped with a Thetford fridge, model N3150. Although the fridge is working OK on gas or mains electricity, it has stopped working from the vehicle battery when we are driving along.

I have checked the 30amp fuse in the fuse box (marked as the fridge fuse) and it looks OK. From what I have read online, there will also be a D+ wire that goes to 12v when the engine is running and the alternator is producing electricity, which the fridge uses to determine that it's OK to run from the vehicle battery. It sounds as though a likely cause of our problem is that there is a blown fuse or a faulty relay in this D+ line.

Can anyone advise me on where to find such a fuse on a Transit-based Benimar van ? I looked under the driver's seat and found a 3amp fuse in a holder right next to the vehicle battery, but that fuse is not blown.

Any ideas gratefully received !

Find where it is on the fridge and have a look what colour wire it is. Seem to remember something about the link between the Fiat and the habitation area was in one of the side pillars so it might be the same on the Fords or under the front seats. You are looking for the Body Builders fuse panel.

Last edited:
Back