Trying to identify missing parts from bike rack

CarolynCo

We bought a Fiat Ducato based Campervan with an incomplete bike rack, as per the attached image.
Can anyone help me identify the make of bike rack or where I might be able to buy compatible parts to complete so we can carry two bikes.
Thanks
Bike rack.JPG

It looks like a Thule to me. We had one on our old Hymer. I have a link somewhere for a place that does spares.

Cheers

H

Found this but I was thinking of Rose Awnings who are on the web but might be better ringing them. Thule Omnibike is what you’re after.

Cheers

H

Last edited:
I'd go tow bar too but that leaves the door with holes to fill.

We had a Stratford and I put a rack on the back and used a Fiamma bag for loads of extras that we didn't want inside such a small van. During the first holiday the hinges had worn BUT because the door then 'moved' the seals were also worn through where the door had chaffed them. That is besides the constant squeak. AND that is all in a 5 week holiday to Romania. New seals cost more than the hinges. The doors really are not suitable for anything more than 20Kg.

Yes the seals are stupidly expensive some over £100 each.

We bought a Fiat Ducato based Campervan with an incomplete bike rack, as per the attached image.
Can anyone help me identify the make of bike rack or where I might be able to buy compatible parts to complete so we can carry two bikes.
Thanks
View attachment 62472
I've just removed a similar one (Fiamma) from my van and parts may fit yours if you're not yet sorted. If interested I'll get out of shed and photograph.

I've just removed a similar one (Fiamma) from my van and parts may fit yours if you're not yet sorted. If interested I'll get out of shed and photograph.
Thanks to everyone who has posted helpful suggestions. Yashmac - we would be most grateful if you will photograph the parts that you have and we can have a look and see if it might be what we are mssing. Thank you so much for offering to do this. :)

Thanks to everyone who has posted helpful suggestions. Yashmac - we would be most grateful if you will photograph the parts that you have and we can have a look and see if it might be what we are mssing. Thank you so much for offering to do this. :)

IMG_20220504_132941.jpgIMG_20220504_132931.jpgIMG_20220504_132921.jpgIMG_20220504_132931.jpgIMG_20220504_132921.jpg

I am grateful to you Yashmac - whereabouts are you?
So we have been looking at the images you kindly sent. You definitely have some components that we do not have! How did you actually mount the bikes onto the lateral spars? They do not seem to be long enough to take the full width of a bike? Am I misunderstanding something? Thank you

they only need to catch the bottom of the wheel not the whole thing

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back