Tunnel French side fill up.

big tom

I have not been out through the tunnel for years. but will be going through on Friday heading for Bordeaux, just wondering where to fill up, is it cheaper around the exit or out on the motorway? I will have around 40 miles of fuel left.
Thanks

Google for one of the big supermarket chains Intrrmarche, Auchincloss tec. just off the motorway, it’s really expensive on the motorways. Better still Google carbu.com a French website which will give you the prices of service stations near you in France.

We usually get out of Calais as soon as possible, then fill up at the intermarche in Marquise, just off the A16 the pumps are 24 hour.
it is €1.72 at the moment

We usually get out of Calais as soon as possible, then fill up at the intermarche in Marquise, just off the A16 the pumps are 24 hour.
it is €1.72 at the moment
Thanks that will do, just googled it, how do I get to the pumps, the obvious entry has a no-entry sign.

From memory the filling station as you exit the tunnel area was definitely cheaper than the motorways but obviously not as cheap as the suggestions above. I cant remember the exact figure now but I did remark to Mrs GMJ at the time, that it wasn't too bad.

Thanks that will do, just googled it, how do I get to the pumps, the obvious entry has a no-entry sign.
I generally find that my satnav knows where to find entrances to filling stations, including not crossing solid white lines down the centre of roads in France.

I have not been out through the tunnel for years. but will be going through on Friday heading for Bordeaux, just wondering where to fill up, is it cheaper around the exit or out on the motorway? I will have around 40 miles of fuel left.
Thanks
Generally worth checking out supermarkets, but also Total filling stations, which are frequently equally or even more competitive.

Might be worth putting a £10 in on outside as a "just to be sure" then have the flexibility to drive a little further to get to a station.
The French government app is good, however both occasions i relied on it the prices were wrong.
Now just fill up if and where I can... if I see one at €1.70 litre i fill up. The French government are subsidising fuel at 30 cents a litre ATM.
Cheapest so far was supermarket at Tossa Del Mar €1.56 litre... 👌👍👍👍👍
Local at Peniscola is €1.70 litre diesel. Will fill up when we move on Monday.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back