tv apps abroad

rugbyken

i’ve just got an huawei cube with unlimited data etc i can cast to a chromecast netflix now tv etc anyone any experience of using those apps abroad i know there are data restrictions but between the 3 devices 2x i phones & i pad i have almost 60gb + a couple of 24gb internet with legs sims as backups as well, but do the apps themselves have restrictions ??

Now tv you can use for up to 30 days in EU, can’t watch it in non EU countries. Netflix no problem in Europe. Have no experience with Chromecast so can’t comment.

We’ve used ITV Hub, BBC iPlayer, C4 On Demand in Southern Spain & Portugal where our satellite system can’t give us tv. No problems but their data hungry.

Streaming SD video 480p uses 0.7GB per hour, HD video 1080p uses 1.5Gb per hour, 2K uses 3GB per hour and 4k uses 7.2GB per hour. These were averages based on feedback to Android Central web site from Netflix.

Check this out https://www.androidcentral.com/how-much-data-does-streaming-media-use gives a good feel for what different data plans allow you to stream.

Who is the unlimited data plan deal with for the cube? Can it be used out of uk?

the cube i’ve got is through 3 so the unlimited data is 19gb abroad even vodaphone appear to have rethought there 100gb home & away deal cant find it now but the 3 deal has go binge ie if you have data it doesn’t use any for netflix etc

the cube i’ve got is through 3 so the unlimited data is 19gb abroad even vodaphone appear to have rethought there 100gb home & away deal cant find it now but the 3 deal has go binge ie if you have data it doesn’t use any for netflix etc
I thought the go binge doesn't cover EU? Don't know where I got that from though!

Link for 100gb vodafone...https://www.mobiles.co.uk/sim-only-deals but it's a phone one which we tether to the router. Can use all the data abroad

I took out the Vodafone deal before I left last week, 100gb, unlimited calls and texts, £24 per month, and it is working great. Its on my phone contract but I am using it as a hotspot for iPad and laptop.

I thought the go binge doesn't cover EU? Don't know where I got that from though!

It didn't cover the EU when we were over there in the autumn last year. The exclusion is hidden away and confusingly worded in the small print. Even one of their own customer service reps got it wrong!

• Sad
Reactions: Rec

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back