Tv mount.

Robbo664

Free Member

Hi. Can anyone tell me the best way to attach a tv to a single skin partition?
I cannot put a bolt through it because its not accessible . See photo.
Thanks Mike.20201215_111046.jpg

If you can get access to the other side of the panel, you could bolt the tv fixing panel using a spreader panel on the back.
Best of luck.

My tv is on a mount on a flat panel using short woodscrews it did start to fall off because of the short screws so I filled the holes screwed it back on but put double sided sticky tape on the back of the bracket so the bracket is now stuck and screwed to the panel, not moved since I repaired it.

Hi. Can anyone tell me the best way to attach a tv to a single skin partition?
I cannot put a bolt through it because its not accessible . See photo.
Thanks Mike.View attachment 57848loking at your pic. Can you take your pleated cutain/partision out and then gain access to put the bolts you want to put in. Or looking at the top of your pic I can see a brown cover that will remove and there will be a fixing screw? There should be other brown plastic covers top bottom and it looks like another between bed and curtain. No glasses on and zooming in. when removing. I think there will be one behind the board with the socket on. Or might be easier taking the other panel off outside bedroom. but can't see what's on that board.

Ours is on a single panel like this...used 3m.double sided tape and screws 25k miles still on there .

Our TV is mounted on a thin panel too. I used double sided tape to stick a wooden panel ( same colour as thin panel) on it, then screwed the tv bracket on using screws that bit about 3/4 into the original panel too.
Solid as a rock.

I've sucessfully used these (or similar) threaded inserts in the past.
Installed flush into blind holes and bonded with 2-part epoxy provide a fairly secure mounting.

My experience may be helpful - in a similar situation I used peel rivets to attach an extending/swivel bracket for a 24" TV. 18 months later it is still secure but this pandemic has restricted it's use.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back