Two Years

Good for you. It’s nice to feel you are getting value out of the Motorhome. I bet some people would be appalled at the miles you have put on achieving the total nights.

We were hitting a little over 100 nights each year since 2016. Until last year of course when we only managed 20 nights and only 4 so far in 2021. Our mileage was about 9000 per year.

Hopefully we will get back to normality by next year at the latest.

Davy

Reactions: 2cv
Tonight will be our 730th night in the van, so two years out of the last nine have been spent in it. Time flies!
Well done - you‘re clearly making the most of the van.
Good luck with the house hunting . Just make sure there’s plenty of parking for itinerant motorhomers who may be passing by!! Any particular area you’re looking at? Although it’s a bit flat round that part of the world I really liked Lytham St Annes town (village) centre.

Well done - you‘re clearly making the most of the van.
Good luck with the house hunting . Just make sure there’s plenty of parking for itinerant motorhomers who may be passing by!! Any particular area you’re looking at? Although it’s a bit flat round that part of the world I really liked Lytham St Annes town (village) centre.

We’re looking at anywhere on the Fylde Coast. Certainly Lytham and St. Annes are lovely. Wanting garaging for 2 old cars plus space for a van is a bit challenging, but there’s no rush.

Well done. Since 2006 we’ve averaged about 84 days/year and still want more.

Reactions: 2cv
Tonight will be our 730th night in the van, so two years out of the last nine have been spent in it. Time flies!
19 years 11 months 11 days between selling up in Leeds, buying our first van and full timing for 4 years, 5 months. Then spending at least 6 months of each year in it...
(4x 30 x12 )+(5 x 30) + ( 15x 180 ) in round figures.
That's at least 4290, but a fair estimate.
Nearly 180,000 miles.
You've got some catching up to do, Bill.
Hope you're both fit enough to try it.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back