Tyre pressure monitor

Iain55

Looking for recommendation on an inexpensive reliable wireless tyre pressure monitor :)

It depends what you call inexpensive? I have Tyrepal fitted, 1 sensor per wheel and a solar powered display. Cost me around £100 but I think they were on offer recently for a bit less. The read outs are accurate and also give tyre temperature as well, it’s quite a read to see the pressures and temps going up on a run. My only complaint is they went absolutely doolally in the Pyrenees at the height of the summer last year, when I got down to sea level all was well again.

It depends what you call inexpensive? I have Tyrepal fitted, 1 sensor per wheel and a solar powered display. Cost me around £100 but I think they were on offer recently for a bit less. The read outs are accurate and also give tyre temperature as well, it’s quite a read to see the pressures and temps going up on a run. My only complaint is they went absolutely doolally in the Pyrenees at the height of the summer last year, when I got down to sea level all was well again.
How long do the batteries in the sensors last ?

Mine are going over a year now (tyrepal) but they are replaceable button batteries. The monitor is solar powered with a 12 volt input option if required.

Be cautious of those available very cheaply on amazon or eBay as they tend to be for cars and have a lower psi range than many vans require.

Davy

Yes, cheap batteries, easy to replace as well. Again as above, about a year or so. Being solar powered and in direct sun placed in the dash I’ve never needed to recharge it. The display will also light up automatically in the dark.

I've got a set of the cheap eBay ones, about £23. Work great, batteries claim to last 2 years.

I want to come to your garage.. I reckon it is HUGE!! You seem to have everything in there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll take you up on that offer, if they do the job that would be great but can upgrade later if needed.
What method of payment ?
It's usually a very nice bottle of red or a gift via paypal, I'll pm you

I want to come to your garage.. I reckon it is HUGE!! You seem to have everything in there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Senior management has made me promise not to die before her, so I need someone to come and muck it out for me, it's only 16 by 8

I'll take you up on that offer, if they do the job that would be great but can upgrade later if needed.
What method of payment ?
Product info on the link states up to 51psi, is that suitable for your vehicle as most motorhomes run at a higher pressure than that.

Product info on the link states up to 51psi, is that suitable for your vehicle as most motorhomes run at a higher pressure than that.
Hi, thanks for the advice, as a newbie its much appreciated.
I'll double check my motorhome's tyre pressure spec :)

Hi Ian, I've mailed the kit to you but, as others seem keen to tell you, it's not what you need, feel free to send it back to me and I'll put it back on the shelf until someone asks
Cheers
Peter

It is correct. A TPMS unit that has a maximum of 51PSI is unlikely to be suitable for a commercial vehicle or its derivatives

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back