Tyre pressure

Dod

Can anyone help; what is correct tyre pressures for Mercedes burstner t star 680

Should be on a plate usually inside drivers door on the pillar. Specific to your model and the approved tyre type. Unless you have retro fitted anything other than the recommended type .

Dod I googled your van and got this off the burstner guide hope it helps
regards Gordon

703ECE94-D9CB-4705-9F5F-51FA154404B6.pngC9EAE058-084B-4D64-A275-2BF6F5342653.pngD06A853E-FB24-4D3F-BCA6-FF15D0BDBDE7.png

Last edited:
It can also depend on the tyres and type you have, the "proper" way is to weight he van in normal running order, get weights for all axles then contact the tyre manufacturer.

However this pops up all the time and the advice they give is quite high pressures, so I am wondering if they are trying to avoid litigation nowadays.

I go with whatever looks right IE the size of the bulge, it's not foolproof, but you know if a tyre is flat due to the excess bulge, or if the pressure is too high, no bulge.

Thanks everyone for ur help found the plate with pressure settings reason I asked only had van 5 weeks checked pressures this morning all were set at 6 bar ,according to plate this was way too high pressures set as per now thanks again Dod

Was that you replying Janet or has Dod become a Silver Surfer? 😂

Thanks everyone for ur help found the plate with pressure settings reason I asked only had van 5 weeks checked pressures this morning all were set at 6 bar ,according to plate this was way too high pressures set as per now thanks again Dod
6 bar seems way too high for a Mercedes Sprinter.

Yup, I concur 90 psi is OTT

One way to see if you have the right pressure in your tyres is to put a three inch wide chalk line across the full tread of the tyre and drive it for 60 or 70mtr. Check what part ot the chalk has been scrubbed off. If it's the outside edges you have it under inflated, if it's the centre it's over inflated. I think it's best to start with over inflated as you can let air out.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lee

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back