Tyre pressures

Deleted member 11

Do you know the correct tyre pressures for your vehicle and how often do you check them - honestly?

I know the pressures and done them prior to France three weeks ago ,normally about every two months check them

I have a previous owners MOT and a couple of garage repair records and on one it said type pressures should be 3.5bar front and 4.5bar rears so I have been using those

I check rears every week because one has a slow puncture koff, koff

On the near side door pillar it shows the tyre pressures, problem is they aren't the size that is on my van it shows 215/70-15 5 bar front 5.5 bar rear. My van is fitted with ContiVanco Camper 225/75 R16 (CP*) 1116 R tyres . I emailed Continental for their opinion, I gave the max axle weights, from these they sent me a table & advised 3.5 bar front & 4.25 rear. I had previously contacted Swift there answer was 5.5 bar front & rear. My van is 2017 Swift Escape 684 plated at 3.7t.

This has got me looking, I just put axle weights in the motorhome checker on tyre safe.org and it says:

Front Axle : 62 psi / 4.3 bar
Rear Axle : 80 psi / 5.5 bar

Do not exceed the maximum cold inflation pressure marked on the tyre sidewall.

WARNING: Rear axle load exceeds the maximum permissible level

I had better double check I have tyre sizes right

I had the wrong tyres initially but after correcting that it still gives a warning that rear axle load exceeds the maximum permissible level.

Tyre size is 225/70 R 15 C with load rating 112/110R. Tyres are Conti Vanco 2 on the back and Vanco 100 and 2 on the front, the pressures I have been using are nearly right (3.67 front and 4,5 rear).

What gives with the warning?

I do know the recommended tyre pressures (phoned and then emailed Hankook). I get the axle loads from the rolling road every MOT.
I check the pressures whenever I remember, though I do keep an eye on the wear pattern on a regular basis.

Colin ???

I had the wrong tyres initially but after correcting that it still gives a warning that rear axle load exceeds the maximum permissible level.

Tyre size is 225/70 R 15 C with load rating 112/110R. Tyres are Conti Vanco 2 on the back and Vanco 100 and 2 on the front, the pressures I have been using are nearly right (3.67 front and 4,5 rear).

What gives with the warning?
What is the rear axle weight?

I am a woman and I haven’t a bloody clue. It is written on a label somewhere[/QUOTE
That's quite woring if you don't have clue I hope you take it to some one that dose. When was your tyres last checked for weir & condition + pressure??? The tyres is the only contact that your van has with the black stuff and a flat tyre likes the green bits. I like to check pressure + visual of side wall before I set off and when I stop I will go around and put a hand on all 4 tyres + hubs to feel that they are over hot

I did once go to the local garage to check I had the all round 66lb's as stated in the manual. Took all the caps off (not easy with bad legs), fed the slot with money, did the fronts then discovered the hose not long enough to reach the back! Went out around the 1 way system and back in, pulling further forward, fed slot more money, got a rollicking from garage staff for blocking some safety equipment, blasted them for short hose, went home. Bought and fitted electronic gadget, now remotely checked and monitored, soooo... much easier and use larger garages with longer hoses!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back