Tyre suppliers/fitters SE UK

Rockburner

Tyre suppliers/fitters SE UK

Has anyone got any recommendations for tyre fitters who do a good job, can source tyres at a decent price, and can check the tracking for a fair cost, we'll be back in the UK (South East) in May for a few weeks, then back out the EU for the rest of the year and we need at least a couple of new tyres.

Or is KwikFit the simplest option?

Annie has just had tyres fitted at Costco, but don't know if they have branches in the SE.

Edina;n32749 said:
Annie has just had tyres fitted at Costco, but don't know if they have branches in the SE.

Great tyre fitters and it's an all in one price but they only fit Mitchrlin as far as I know .

Try Black Circles . com they have local fitting arranged in all areas. I bought from them and ATS did mine

Hi
Don't rule out Kwikfit
I had four new tyres fitted last April to my motorhome.
They are 215/75/16 116/114r, Air con recharge and tyre care insurance all in for £328.92

witzend;n32783 said:
Try Black Circles . com they have local fitting arranged in all areas. I bought from them and ATS did mine

Another vote for Black Circles, good prices and many local fitters even in the frozen north

I have used Tyres On The Drive a good few times now. Go to there web site pick the tyres you want and they travel anywhere to fit them. When you pick your tyres check the prices against other companies. I have found them the cheapest. They even do them on the drive. They jack van up take wheels off and replace the tyres. They also balance the wheel, fit new valves and refit the wheel to the van. They even came out to a meet I was on in a pub car park at Caerphilly and changed one there.
.... Tom ....

I ended up using Black Circles to organise the replacement at (IIRC) Tyred and Exhusted in Aylesbury, thanks!

the only issue I had was the no-one in the South East (it seems) is setup to check the tracking on a 6m+ Ducato chassis. :(

the "South East" is a pretty big area! :)

Costco in Reading have a Tyre Section and will do fitting there.
I've had tyres fitted by my local (at the time) tyre shop in St Albans
I am sure there are tyre fitters in Dover as well as in Portsmouth.

the "South East" is a pretty big area! :)

Costco in Reading have a Tyre Section and will do fitting there.
I've had tyres fitted by my local (at the time) tyre shop in St Albans
I am sure there are tyre fitters in Dover as well as in Portsmouth.

It is - which is why I was very surprised that I couldn't find anybody who could do the tracking. Tyres are easy to find, a tracking kit large enough to fit onto a 6m Ducato seems to be in short supply! The FIAT service centre in Reading, who also service HGVs don't have one. They get a contractor in, (they wouldn't give me the details. :( ), and it's something like a 2 month notice period!

So you are in Reading Area? There must be loads of HGV places around surely?
Roy Wood Transits on the Reading Road in Winnersh is a dedicated Van dealer (not just Transits any more) and may be able to help? there is another Van dealer over the road and towards the roundabout IIRC.

Local tyre place I used didn’t have laser track for my vehicle but they have the plates you drive on to check. Remember how they ‘used’ to track them :)

I had the tracking on my Celica GT4 adjusted by KwikFit in Bracknell. About a week later I went to a tyre place in Hurst for some reason (long ago. can't recall why) and they broke a spanner trying to undo a seized nut that would need to have been undone to do the tracking.
so was the tracking adjusted? no chance!

Never trusted KwikFit ever since

So you are in Reading Area? There must be loads of HGV places around surely?
Roy Wood Transits on the Reading Road in Winnersh is a dedicated Van dealer (not just Transits any more) and may be able to help? there is another Van dealer over the road and towards the roundabout IIRC.

~Ish. (Parents in Aylesbury, In-Laws in Horsham, currently 'living' in Pau. ;) )

Local tyre place I used didn’t have laser track for my vehicle but they have the plates you drive on to check. Remember how they ‘used’ to track them :)

That's what the Fiat service centre told me - that they had the old kit, but weren't prepared to guarantee the results.

Obviously it doesn't help that my van is the long-wheel base Ducato, AND has a roof extension (3.2m). Most of the car places won't get it in the doors.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back