UConnect SatNav

RichardA

Free Member

Dear Wildcampers,

Does anyone have a Ducato/Boxer/Relay with an integrated UConnect SatNav (TomTom) and know how to get it to display current speed? It displays speed limit and shows an alert if you're traveling faster than limit - so it must know current speed. But I can't see how to configure the display to show the speed.

Thanks.

Richard

Can’t help but have you tried to google it? It’s amazing what you can find on there.

Dear Wildcampers,

Does anyone have a Ducato/Boxer/Relay with an integrated UConnect SatNav (TomTom) and know how to get it to display current speed? It displays speed limit and shows an alert if you're traveling faster than limit - so it must know current speed. But I can't see how to configure the display to show the speed.

Thanks.

Richard
I looked into this too and came to the conclusion that bizarrely you cannot get it to display current road speed which seems crazy.

Mike

Just a thought but is that not what the speedometer on the dashboard is for?

Now that may well seem to be the case! But my current car has a digital speedo. Don't know if you ever had one but surprisingly it's much easier to see your speed at a glance. So when I'm using my (portable) SatNav, that has a digital speed reading displayed right next to the current speed limit, I find it much easier to keep to the speed limit.

Now I have a van with an integrated SatNav, I'd like the same option - but it seems it doesn't exist!

All speedometers are inaccurate, my Ducato based vans speedo shows 50mph when I am only doing 40, a speedometer must never read low but it can read 110% + 6.25mph more so mine is on the limit.
Both our cars are better with only a few mph out

All speedometers are inaccurate, my Ducato based vans speedo shows 50mph when I am only doing 40, a speedometer must never read low but it can read 110% + 6.25mph more so mine is on the limit.
Both our cars are better with only a few mph out
Demi is always 10% slow.70mph indicated = 64 mph road speed. I usually drive with the sat nav on, even if the sound is off. Just for the GPS speedo.
I had considered changing to 16 inch rims to correct the "error". Not sure if I'll bother. It will take many miles travelled for improved mpg to pay for the new rims.

Demi is always 10% slow.70mph indicated = 64 mph road speed. I usually drive with the sat nav on, even if the sound is off. Just for the GPS speedo.
I had considered changing to 16 inch rims to correct the "error". Not sure if I'll bother. It will take many miles travelled for improved mpg to pay for the new rims.
I change to 16in wheels my speedo is now spot on a 30mph but at 70 I am doing 74 mph + the mile per gallon has gone from 30ish to 26ish Derek.

I change to 16in wheels my speedo is now spot on a 30mph but at 70 I am doing 74 mph + the mile per gallon has gone from 30ish to 26ish Derek.
Has your mpg gone down then? Then again you go everywhere at 80.

Having to keep dropping down a gear will not help the MPG figures, you could have a remap for more torque
Then a new clutch ;)
Then a new gearbox :ROFLMAO:

Having to keep dropping down a gear will not help the MPG figures, you could have a remap for more torque
Then a new clutch ;)
Then a new gearbox :ROFLMAO:
Terry I don’t have to drop down a gear at all It pulls well I think it is more a true figure of my mpg.

ps it had a remap about five years ago lololol

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back