UK Route - Plymouth,Peak District,HadriansWall,Newcastle, Edinburgh,Glasgow

• Thread starter Deleted member 2697
  • Start date

Deleted member 2697

I am planning a round trip taking in the areas in the heading. I am looking for anything interesting between Snakes Pass Inn and the Hadrians Wall CCC. We like a mixture of everything from free; cheap as chips, to occasional luxury. I will be happy to share our experiences after the event but in the meantime any suggestions would be most welcome. I am still planning the route from North to South and the return trip will depend on how well its going. I hope we can fit in some of the Scottish border rallies but can't say for sure yet.

If you decide to use the A7 from the M6/M74 Carlisle towards Edinburgh there is a large car park on the left just as you leave Langholm which is good for a stopover. The main carpark in Hawick has designated M/H spaces (but not Friday nights because of a Saturday market).
Hope at least one of the Scottish rallies fits in with your plans.

Newcastle to Edinburgh
3 likely routes
1 = A1
2 = A696 / A68
3 = A1 A697 A68

We have used the following.
We are a bit fussy but not overly so 6.5m vehicle

Wildcamp in the hills near Rothbury
CR Rothbury (Northumberland) Latitude = 55.283199 Longitude = -1.919044

Alnmouth also
Alnmouth Car Park Unnamed Road Alnmouth Alnwick NE66 3NJ
Officially not allowed but Blind eyes

Small campsite C&CC at Lothian Bridge

Jedburgh and Kelso also on POIs and others

Also
CR Cairnpapple Hill (W Lothian)
Latitude = 55.925758 Longitude = -3.634195
A few comings and goings at night but no problems

Last edited:
Thanks, I've got the POI list but it is nice to have some recommendations. We are 7 metres.

We spent the night at Alnmouth in February this year.
Because it was dark when we arrived we didn't use the beach as I wasn't sure how solid it was and parked on the tarmac by the entrance.
Lots of dog walkers in the morning one of whom was very stroppy - he quite upset my wife while she was out with our mutt.
The beach park is in fact perfectly solid even in the puddles.
I can see the concern in the summer if it was to be 'taken over' but mid winter!!
I suspect that if you park at the far end you'll not get bothered.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back