ULEZ checker

GMJ

I'm not sure if this has been done before on here but with changes to the emission zones in London it might be worth folks checking to see if they can take their P&J into the city or not...

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896

My 2012 A-T Comanche is safe
smile.gif

Graham
smile.gif

We're fine this week, but couldn't care less as we stopped driving in London many years ago.

Long gone are the days when I'd take a short cut through the city...... These days I need to be off the M25 by 7.00am, or waste an hour in standing traffic. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if this has been done before on here but with changes to the emission zones in London it might be worth folks checking to see if they can take their P&J into the city or not...

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896

My 2012 A-T Comanche is safe
smile.gif

Graham
smile.gif

Whilst it should be good for the LEZ, it’s unlikely that a diesel from 2012 meets the requirements for the central London ULEZ, due to be extended to the area bounded by the North and South circular roads in October 2021. The current ULEZ requires Euro 6 for diesels.

I knew I moved out of London for a reason. One good thing about London is it makes Northampton look okay,well nearly ?

Conversely, I rather enjoy visiting London as the history, architecture, museums, gallerys, theatres and pubs are superb. London at night is beautiful from the Embankment.

I take the train and have a couple or three sherbets. What's not to like. :)

Reactions: 2cv
Only ever been to London twice in my life, didn't like it, and after this I don't think that I'll ever go there again
"

According to our records your vehicle is subject to the £100 daily LEZ charge. The vehicle's details as registered with us show it doesn't meet the required LEZ standards. The LEZ is different from the ULEZ - it doesn't apply to cars and motorbikes. "
The UK is still England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales & London

It also says this
"

According to our records your vehicle is subject to the £12.50 daily ULEZ charge. It may be that the vehicle’s details as registered with us show it doesn’t meet the required ULEZ standards.

The £12.50 charge also applies automatically if your vehicle is registered outside the United Kingdom and we don't hold its details.

If you believe your vehicle does meet the required standards, register it with us.

To check if a discount or exemption applies to your vehicle - and whether you need to pay the charge - go to Pay to drive in London.

"
Strange

They repeatedly said that my car registered Dec 2010 was liable to pay £24-50 a day to enter the zone and my Blue Badge discount would be disallowed, however I have proved that a car using Adblue and Bluetec badged was Euro 6 compliant.

This could be the case for motorhomes, check your V5 document for the emmissions, down the bottom on left, if one of the emmissions is blank, check your Certificate of conformity issued by Fiat or whatever car manufacturer you are challenging them with

You will need to scan your V5 and C of C

ULEZLondon@cclondon.com
tfl.gov.uk/ulez
Dear Peter Bartlett
Our Ref: TFL-664773-1557321201
Customer Account Number: N/A
Thank you for your enquiry received on 7 May 2019, about Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) vehicle compliance.
Based on the information that you have provided we can confirm that your vehicle, registration xxxxxx is subject to the
ULEZ and meets the emission standards. This means you do not have to pay the ULEZ charge to travel in the zone.
Our vehicle compliance register will be updated accordingly.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
The compliance status of your vehicle for the Ultra Low Emission Zone has been calculated based on the information
you provided. It is your responsibility to ensure the information you provide is accurate. Every effort is made to ensure
that the information we provide you is correct at the date of our response. However, we provide no warranty as to the
accuracy of the information and accept no legal liability or responsibility for its accuracy.
If you are in any doubt over
your vehicle's Euro emission standard, please refer to your vehicle registration document - also known as a V5C - or
contact your vehicle manufacturer.
If you have any questions about ULEZ, please visit tfl.gov.uk/ulez.

Yours sincerely
D. Milton
Contracts & Operations Manager
Transport for London

It's nothing to do with pollution, but about taxation.

Unsurprisingly, BBC Radio4 reported this morning that mobile phones and the like were more polluting than all aviation pollutants. They "forgot" to mention that the "report" was a view of another reporter two years ago. ?

Because it's become topical, the media will continue to feed the headlines.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back