UNDERSEAL ON 10 YEAR OLD VAN

Badolki

I've recently decided that it is unlikely that I will be able to afford to change the van before I am no longer able to use it so have been considering having it treated to a good underseal. Since I don't have the facilities to do it myself I was hoping someone could recommend a west of Scotland company which could carry out such a job to a good standard so that I can be confident the van wil not disintegrate under me. It's a 2010 registered VW Transporter conversion.

I've recently decided that it is unlikely that I will be able to afford to change the van before I am no longer able to use it so have been considering having it treated to a good underseal. Since I don't have the facilities to do it myself I was hoping someone could recommend a west of Scotland company which could carry out such a job to a good standard so that I can be confident the van wil not disintegrate under me. It's a 2010 registered VW Transporter conversion.
All the existing rust will need dealing with first. :(

Its not undersealing thats the big thing but all internal voids and metal skins, doors box sections sills etc, rust starts from the inside out.

As Trev rightly says.... The cavity treatment is the important bit....

Box sections 'sweat' on the inside and by the time you see it it's expensive and painful,

Waxoyl used to be the dogs....
However time has moved on and far better products are now on the market...

Dinitrol/POR /buzzweld etc.... All have far better self healing/creep properties.

Waxoyl sprays on and can also go into the chassis via the multitude of holes.

I think 1 litre would be more than enough if you think how far a cup tea spreads if you knock one over.

Not sure if it includes the Waxoyl or not.

Waxoyl sprays on and can also go into the chassis via the multitude of holes.

I think 1 litre would be more than enough if you think how far a cup tea spreads if you knock one over.

Not sure if it includes the Waxoyl or not.

Far far better products out there now.... Waxoyl really is something out of the dark ages.

It still works though, not up on newer methods.

It still works though, not up on newer methods.
True it does work....
BUT there are modern types of cavity waxes that have greatly improved self healing and creep properties....

At the end of the day even old engine oil will help prevent corrosion BUT Technology has moved on to help prolong the life of vehicles

Whatever you use, make sure it goes everywhere. I expect 12 litres should do it. Make sure you have plenty of bowls to catch the drips

I mix waxol with a rust preventer and white spirit, I spray it into box sections and panels with a paraffin gun warming up the contents with a heat gun.
Yes dinitrol is better & there are others out there now.paraffin gun.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back