Underslung water tanks

Wesser

Have any our you fitted under slung water tanks to a Renault Trafic.
I am thinking of fitting both fresh and waste tanks but would like to see some photos of other peoples installation before I take the plunge.

Fitted waste water tank from caktanks to a sprinter they supply kit to fit easy to do as long as you don't mind laying on your back

Some idiot fitted an under-slung tank to my van before I purchased it but what a botch job they did you would not believe. They welded angle iron to the chassis so now it can not be removed for maintenance, fitted a filler pipe made up of several bits including what looks like a bit of "Hoover" pipe which leaks when you fill it . also leaks from the top of the tank but with only an inch between the tank and the underside of the floor it's impossible to see why. Didn't connect the sensor so you have no idea how much is in the tank but the most stupid thing is they didn't put a drain on it so there is no way to empty it. No insulation means it will probably end up being a giant ice cube when the weather turns cold. be aware, ,they walk among us, idiots I mean.

A common method of fitting a fresh water tank on an Iveco was to fit a LHD fuel tank (a new clean one obviously) to the opposite side of your fuel filler and fuel tank. You should check if it is possible on your van. You would need to remove a small panel and fit the LHD filler point. If that is not possible then disregard this post.

Thanks for the info maingate, unfortunately my van is a LHD so the fuel tank occupies that space already. the opposite side on mine is taken up by the electric step and the gas bottle store.

I fitted the fresh water tank in a well, I cut through the floor so 1/2 in & 1/2 out. keeps it warm enough not to freeze,
Our waste tank is under hung on 4 pieces of threaded bar with a piece of alloy holding the tank up.
Darcar.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back