units in 04 590rl

tony11

hi all i need to replace a celling panel but need to tak out units first had a leak in roof and i have to renew a compleat panel any help will be great thanks

Best of luck with that 🙄

why are they that bad cant put panel on till iget the units out

I have a 04 Sundance 590rl can try to send pics later but just standard unit I think

While not knowing you. How confident are you in your own capabilities in doing the job. Do you have to take units down both sides. Is there a rooflight or vent or lights in the panel you will be replacing. Apart from storage is there anything else in units. Do you have your new panel and if so what is it made from is it a film over 3mn ply. Or what. And does the roof panel go into a h molding with the next roof panel or is there a plastic strip covering the joint between panels. Pics would answer a lot of questions. Best of luck.

There is a roof light but there are no other things in the way just the top units over the sink and it's 3mm ply with vinyl covering and it Has the plastic strips to cover the joints will be able to do the job but can't get the units off

Hi, if the construction is similar to a caravan, and I suspect that it will be, you will probably find some screws inside the cupboards within small plastic blocks attached to the ceiling / wall. These will be taking the main weight of the cupboard. If after removing those the unit still doesn't budge it is possible that the units are also blind fixed to the wall/ceiling with a something like a staple. When I dismantled a caravan I found that the best thing to locate them with was a very flexible thin knife jiggled between the cupboard edge and wall/ceiling. It's then a question of either cutting those with a hacksaw blade or being a bit more brutal and levering the unit away. Hope that helps. Good luck.

There is a roof light but there are no other things in the way just the top units over the sink and it's 3mm ply with vinyl covering and it Has the plastic strips to cover the joints will be able to do the job but can't get the units off
You say there is no other things. I'm assuming it's a roof panel and goes the width from one side to the other. ,( Is that correct) I would be surprised if you can see the end of the roof panel at the side even with a finish on it. As I'm thinking what a waste of space. Is there no units or toilet on the opposite side of sink. That has to be removed before roof panel is fitted?
Again pics of roof and both sides where roof panel getting replaced would answer a lot of questions. I know I keep saying it. But pics would hopefully give you the information you need to do the job

Hi, if the construction is similar to a caravan, and I suspect that it will be, you will probably find some screws inside the cupboards within small plastic blocks attached to the ceiling / wall. These will be taking the main weight of the cupboard. If after removing those the unit still doesn't budge it is possible that the units are also blind fixed to the wall/ceiling with a something like a staple. When I dismantled a caravan I found that the best thing to locate them with was a very flexible thin knife jiggled between the cupboard edge and wall/ceiling. It's then a question of either cutting those with a hacksaw blade or being a bit more brutal and levering the unit away. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Thanks got fix the leak first
You say there is no other things. I'm assuming it's a roof panel and goes the width from one side to the other. ,( Is that correct) I would be surprised if you can see the end of the roof panel at the side even with a finish on it. As I'm thinking what a waste of space. Is there no units or toilet on the opposite side of sink. That has to be removed before roof panel is fitted?
Again pics of roof and both sides where roof panel getting replaced would answer a lot of questions. I know I keep saying it. But pics would hopefully give you the information you need to do the job
Yeah there is a toilet wal but can cut it short and put some edging on it will try to get pics when I get home from work as I work in port of Dover so can still work at the moment

I wonder if he ever fixed it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back