Unscrupulous people.

neckender

my van goes in for its second habitation check next Tuesday, so today I started to empty our van ready for this.
I also decided to drop the spare wheel for the first time and lubricate the winding mechanism, I was shocked to find a part worn second hand wheel and tyre fitted which also had a large screw through the tread.

I phoned Our supplying dealer and complained about the wheel fitted and told him that it had never been removed from new, they said that they couldn’t explain how this had happened and they would look at it on Tuesday.

I’ve racked my brains where the van had been left for any work, and the only people that I can think of was a local Fiat “Professional” garage.
Our van had 2 recalls when we first bought the van and it went to this garage for the work to be done, any way They ceased trading and I started to get a burning smell in the cab after a couple of miles.
I contacted Fiat and they sent me to a garage in Derby, they had a look and they said that the work that had been paid for by Fiat had not been done, so Fiat gave the go ahead for the work to be done again.

So I’m fairly sure that the original Fiat professional garage who ceased trading also swapped my new spare wheel and tyre for this punctured and fairly used one.

John.

Last edited:
Even if you are certain in your own mind you really ought to tread very carefully indeed when making accusations like this without any concrete proof.

Even if you are certain in your own mind you really ought to tread very carefully indeed when making accusations like this without any concrete proof.

I had a lot of problems in the past with this garage poor workmanship and ruined gearbox with the juddergate faults repairs.
Also edited my original post.
John.

Last edited:
Given what you post I understand your belief that a certain garage has been at fault.
I note now no mention of garage names and as has been posted
The dangers of un-proveable (but true) statements which mean heresay or theirsay or yoursay

I have always been of the opinion that the supposed mechanics at most caravan and motorhome dealers don't know one end of a spanner from the other, indeed I doubt if many of them know what a bloody spanner is!!

A goodly number of years ago, one of my regular golfing partners who was a very highly qualified engineer and who had been service director for the COOP owned car dealerships in Lincolnshire, moved jobs to head up the servicing side of that enormous (Europes largest) motorhome dealers at Newark alongside the A1. On joining them, he was disgusted by what he discovered and immediately put into place a rigorous training programme for all their mechanics, however the owners of the company didn't approve of the expense and expressed that they didn't believe their mechanics (!!!!) needed any kind of training and immediately sacked him!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back