USB Toothbrush charging

Vanterrier

Here's a daft question I hope you electrical gurus can answer...

I placed my Philips Sonicare toothbrush on my Samsung Phone Wireless charger and it beeped and lit up like it does when I put it on its correct charger. I removed it immediately but wondered if the toothbrush could be charged this way?

What do you think?

K ;)

Here's a daft question I hope you electrical gurus can answer...

I placed my Philips Sonicare toothbrush on my Samsung Phone Wireless charger and it beeped and lit up like it does when I put it on its correct charger. I removed it immediately but wondered if the toothbrush could be charged this way?

What do you think?

K ;)

After reading numerous threads regarding electric toothbrush charging in the motorhome and issues when using inverters I just bought a usb charger from amazon specific to my oral b.
Works a treat and no issues to date.
They can be bought from approx £5.00 upwards, I went for a more expensive type with 100% positive reviews. Bearing in mind how much a decent electric toothbrush costs not worth the risk imho not using the correct charger.

Thanks for the reply. I have ordered a usb charger from eBay for the wife's OralB toothbrush as there are a few listings that state OralB but I have not seen one for a Philips which is why I am still looking and experimenting ...
You are right, the brushes are too expensive to mess with which is why I am hoping to get some advice on here.

Cheers

K ;)

A small word of warning: the first USB charger I bought didn't charge my OralB toothbrush when I first tried it. It turns out that the USB lead that came with it was faulty. Use a different lead and it is fine. The next one I bought was cheaper and came without a USB lead.

Electric toothbrushes are a REALLY good idea. You definitely get your teeth and gums far cleaner by using one.
Reducing inflammation in your gums makes a dramatic difference in rates of Altzheimers.
So you'd be demented not to use one.

Electric toothbrushes are a REALLY good idea. You definitely get your teeth and gums far cleaner by using one.
Reducing inflammation in your gums makes a dramatic difference in rates of Altzheimers.
So you'd be demented not to use one.

Last visit to dentists she was concerned about my gums and I had to return in 3 months for a further checkup and possible remedial work. She recommended I start using an electric brush, not something I had ever bothered with as like others I thought just another money making gimmick.
Anyway,bit the bullet and bought one. Due to my knee replacement operation I only went back for a follow up appointment this week, 6 months since last appointment. Same dentist and she commented my gums were in excellent condition and my Teeth were much cleaner.
So another convert to electric tooth brushes.

I bought a battery powered one to use in the van as I read that mains ones couldn't be re-charged unless on EHU. It seems to work just as well as the mains one at home does and the batteries seem to last a long time.
Saves having to remember to move it from house to van and back again all the time, as well.

I bought a battery powered one to use in the van as I read that mains ones couldn't be re-charged unless on EHU. It seems to work just as well as the mains one at home does and the batteries seem to last a long time.
Saves having to remember to move it from house to van and back again all the time, as well.
Thanks Caz, yes that was my understanding until recently but I now know some toothbrushes can be charged via usb, but so far I have only seen those listed for OralB brushes, not Philips.
I am hopeful that someone will confirm that the Samsung charger will be ok, fingers crossed.
cheers
K ;)

I have used usb chargers for Pat’s and my electric toothbrushes for 2 years now with no problems, I also bought a usb chargeable electric razor.

John.

The question is ... Can You safely use a Samsung phone wireless charger to charge the toothbrush.

K ?

Thanks for the reply. I have ordered a usb charger from eBay for the wife's OralB toothbrush as there are a few listings that state OralB but I have not seen one for a Philips which is why I am still looking and experimenting ...
You are right, the brushes are too expensive to mess with which is why I am hoping to get some advice on here.

Cheers

K ;)
I use this one with my Philips toothbrush, I wouldn't pay much attention to the models listed as mine wasn't one of them but it still works. My research showed that all the "standard" type Philips toothbrushes use the same charger.

Regards,
Del

Cheers Del, I can see chargers listed for Philips now and as you suggest they look like they are the same chargers as listed for OralB brushes.
Fingers crossed
K ;)

The question is ... Can You safely use a Samsung phone wireless charger to charge the toothbrush.
Safe? Yes.
Effective? Probably not.
Before I bought a usb charger, I tried charging my Oralb toothbrush on a phone wireless charging pad. It made the toothbrush's green light flash, but even 24 hours charging put almost no power in.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back