Used solar panels

nimmo777

Hi all :)
Just seen an add for used solar panels 250W in good condition. We need one so any advice whether these might be worth pursuing? They are fairly local so we could go see. Any specific points we should look out for?
Cheers
Nimmo777

I've had one for a couple of years, it was bought from Bimble solar.
It was designed and used on a solar farm and is still working fine.
I would say as long as it's a good price and not to old buy one.

Same as Lee, I bought one from Bimble. No probs, working fine.

Hi all :)
Just seen an add for used solar panels 250W in good condition. We need one so any advice whether these might be worth pursuing? They are fairly local so we could go see. Any specific points we should look out for?
Cheers
Nimmo777
How much are they is a key thing to worth persuing or not. Check price against new as it will be very very hard to actually check the output is right at this time of year even if they look perfect.
If a company is selling them as their business, I would make sure I got a decent warranty and could return if faulty in say 5 months time when the time of year will give you a decent shot at checking the output.

I was having solar panel charging problems and eventually diagnosed the system as having had a duff panel.
The panel in question was bought from new by me 8 years ago, and in recent months has not been performing, so on close inspection I notice small, what looks like, arcing lines under the glass. My MPPT controller was indicated high volts but it was not charging the batteries very well at all.
I would say inspect the proposed panel purchase carefully. :)

I've had one for a couple of years, it was bought from Bimble solar.
It was designed and used on a solar farm and is still working fine.
I would say as long as it's a good price and not to old buy one.
Thanks for the advice Lee. Will look at Bimble. :)
Wanted to get in touch with you regarding New Year meet. We have craft materials left over from an event we've just done & wondered if you wanted us to do a couple of craft sessions with the children/adults. If so how many children do you anticipate? Cheers Derek & Hazel

How much are they is a key thing to worth persuing or not. Check price against new as it will be very very hard to actually check the output is right at this time of year even if they look perfect.
If a company is selling them as their business, I would make sure I got a decent warranty and could return if faulty in say 5 months time when the time of year will give you a decent shot at checking the output.
Thanks will bear that in mind. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back