Useful apps for Europe

Tezza33

Which apps do you find useful when travelling in Europe?.
the ones I have found very useful in Germany is the Google translation app obviously available from the app store, you can point your camera at anything you don't understand and it instantly shows the text in English or visa versa, another is iTranslator which is useful for speaking in English and it repeats it in any language you choose or you let the locals speak and it repeats in English, I have never needed this before because I can speak enough French and Maggy is OK with Spanish but Germany is a different ball game.

post your most useful ones please

I’ve got this, used it to translate Chinese instructions into English on my Huawei WiFi, brilliant. Will it translate Maggie ?

I hate google with a vengeance so on mobile I have "YANDEX" which is actually a Russian web browser (in English) and includes a translate app which can use your phone camera or dictation.

iTranslator sounds brilliant, but when I went to the PlayStore I couldn't see which one you like. The reviews of a similar sounding one were dreadful, so I guess I've found the wrong app.

This year I'll be using filllpg for gas as I don't see how I can have worry free travel without it.

I've reasonable data this year and will subscribe (can't believe I'm doing that after all these years of travel) to a well known app for Sites to stay. (Got a feeling I'm not allowed to name it as it conflicts with our owner's WildCamping forum.)

We have seen plenty of LPG service stations both in Germany and France this trip, it isn't as cheap as it used to be here though, I topped up when it was just below half and paid 71cents, I pay 52p in Derby, we are in deep snow at the moment so price didn't matter, fill lpg is useful and I have the POI's on my satnav

I’ve got this, used it to translate Chinese instructions into English on my Huawei WiFi, brilliant. Will it translate Maggie ?
Pity you don’t know how to use it Del ha ha ha

Pity you don’t know how to use it Del ha ha ha

I’m sure the conversation went something like, you ” Oh, sh1t, it’s in Chinese “. Me “ One of the Polish blokes at work gave me an app to translate Polish/English and Spanish/English, I wonder if it will translate Chinese. Oh!
Look it does “
You’ve been retired less than a week, taking your retirement date as the first of the year, and you’re going gaga already.
Nurse, the screens.........ha bl**dy ha.

I’m sure the conversation went something like, you ” Oh, sh1t, it’s in Chinese “. Me “ One of the Polish blokes at work gave me an app to translate Polish/English and Spanish/English, I wonder if it will translate Chinese. Oh!
Look it does “
You’ve been retired less than a week, taking your retirement date as the first of the year, and you’re going gaga already.
Nurse, the screens.........ha bl**dy ha.
As usual your memory is playing tricks on you Del. The first part is correct but it didn’t result in Look it does.

There was quite a time interval before you discovered you were trying to convert English to Chineseinstead of the other way round haha. Do you remember now? :)

So my original comment still stands ya auld git :)

I have both Aldi and Lidl locations apps on my Tom Tom ...you can also get it as an App. *****

The apps I've settled to having on my phone for travelling* are
FillLPG (for petrol stations that offer LPG)
Park4Night (for aires and overnight spots)
GoogleMaps (for navigation)
Green-Zones (for checking the french emissions zones)
HumorCast (humorous weather app)
CampingCardACSI (for finding campsites)
Weather (European focused weather app)
ViewRanger (Good walking routes app)
Victron Connect (to look at the MPPT solar controller's output)
Google Translate (obvious)
Spotify (for music)
NordVPN (for online security when on public wifi networks)
Caxton (Foreign currency pre-pay credit card app)

Have to admit that once we used Park4Night and realised that our van is totally self-sufficent for power and only really needs water services we didn't need to use campsites much so when I go out again soon I might not bother with renewing the ACSI membership.

* Spent 10 months of 2018 travelling around France and Spain

As usual your memory is playing tricks on you Del. The first part is correct but it didn’t result in Look it does.

There was quite a time interval before you discovered you were trying to convert English to Chineseinstead of the other way round haha. Do you remember now? :)

So my original comment still stands ya auld git :)

And your point is? Okay I do resemble that remark, but twas me who found the translation . I will also admit I was the one with the phone with the app on it. You always had the option of snatching the phone off of me and doing it your way.
Oh! Okay, I was wrong ( again) ?

Just as well nobody reads this, they’ed think we don’t get on. They’re going to be right ?

The apps I've settled to having on my phone for travelling* are
FillLPG (for petrol stations that offer LPG)
Park4Night (for aires and overnight spots)
GoogleMaps (for navigation)
Green-Zones (for checking the french emissions zones)
Thanks for this, very helpful. Unlike someone. Read the message above ?
HumorCast (humorous weather app)
CampingCardACSI (for finding campsites)
Weather (European focused weather app)
ViewRanger (Good walking routes app)
Victron Connect (to look at the MPPT solar controller's output)
Google Translate (obvious)
Spotify (for music)
NordVPN (for online security when on public wifi networks)
Caxton (Foreign currency pre-pay credit card app)

Have to admit that once we used Park4Night and realised that our van is totally self-sufficent for power and only really needs water services we didn't need to use campsites much so when I go out again soon I might not bother with renewing the ACSI membership.

* Spent 10 months of 2018 travelling around France and Spain

Thanks for that Rockburner, I’ve got most of those, Fillpg is going to be handy. Nice to be able to read a helpful message. Unlike some. No names. He knows who he is

I suppose I will have to start thinking about filling up my lpg soon, must be about 4 months is it Del?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back