van radio starts 'intermittently

Antje

The radio used to start, whether the engine was on or off. Now, for some unknown reason, it starts when it feels like it, sometimes with and at others without the engine running? I would like to be able to rely on it switching on when the engine is OFF - can anyone help with this one please. Many thanks, Antje

Sounds like a loose wire or dodgy fuse, try taking the fuse out and cleaning the connections.

Are you sure you're not tuned to the Norman Collier channel?

Remember Norman? Mar 15, 2013 - Comic Norman Collier, a star of numerous TV light entertainment shows and famed for his faulty microphone routine, has died at the age of 87.

The radio used to start, whether the engine was on or off. Now, for some unknown reason, it starts when it feels like it, sometimes with and at others without the engine running? I would like to be able to rely on it switching on when the engine is OFF - can anyone help with this one please. Many thanks, Antje
Hi
I had the same problem with my camper when I first bought it, the radio would turn itself on & off when it felt like it, so draining the battery. There was an isolation switch at the back of the camper but this didn't seem to have any affect. I have since removed the radio and only reconnect it when I'm driving, yes, a pain, but at least I know the engine will start!! I couldn't find anyone who could suss out the initial problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back