Victron bmv 600s amps

andyjanet

Our victron shows amps as charge in or charge out like this morning is it just a case of doing the wiv vir conversion cus you lot are all talking about watts going into their batteries and I don’t have them so therefore yesterday lunch it was putting 11amps in so 11x12 =132watts
9A679B38-5972-4532-9A7C-30E211D6A819.jpeg

does it not scroll through amps, watts, volts Andy?

edit: sorry i see its a battery monitor rather than solar

Our victron shows amps as charge in or charge out like this morning is it just a case of doing the wiv vir conversion cus you lot are all talking about watts going into their batteries and I don’t have them so therefore yesterday lunch it was putting 11amps in so 11x12 =132watts
to get the actual number you need to note the voltage of the battery, not just use the nominal 12V. so it would be 11 (A) x something like 12.6 (V) for example - so that would be 5% more .
All the BMVs show the NET value as well - so if it is showing 11A going in and you are actually using say 2A on something in your Motorhome, you are actually putting in 13A (13A in, 2A out = 11A net). So again, more power from your Solar (around 8% more or so).

Maybe pedantry there to some, but if you are trying to work out what the solar is doing, you need to bear these things in mind

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back