Victron Connect Update

wildebus

Version 5.81 was released last week, and with it a very nice - and overdue - feature. It is the one right at the top of the list.
1674838873794.png

Now something to note: Even if you have version 5.81, you don't get this new option on the BMV-712 or the Smartshunt until you connect via Bluetooth and download the Bluetooth update to the monitors as well. So if you are like me and connect via the Victron VRM, you won't see it until you have made that direct connection via Bluetooth!
Once you have done so, using VRM is fine again and you see the new option. The selection that is the default in that setting is "Keep SOC" and that is the one I'd recommend using (and the one I changed to as soon as I had the chance!).

Annoyingly, this is not an option on the non-Bluetooth Monitors such as the BMV-700. Don't know why as an SOC setting selection and a Bluetooth update do not seem to have any connection I can think of.

I know it maybe stating the obvious but just in case, this update did not do the same thing on the 700 with the Bluetooth module fitted

I know it maybe stating the obvious but just in case, this update did not do the same thing on the 700 with the Bluetooth module fitted
That is useful to confirm. Thanks for that as sometimes the release notes don't always tell the full story.
A shame as that change is maybe one of the most useful in quite a while - or would have been!

So much so I might actually swap over a couple of my BMVs just to get that operational on one of the battery banks!

That is useful to confirm. Thanks for that as sometimes the release notes don't always tell the full story.
A shame as that change is maybe one of the most useful in quite a while - or would have been!

So much so I might actually swap over a couple of my BMVs just to get that operational on one of the battery banks!
Yes I was stumped for a little while last week wondering why it hadn’t changed, I had assumed (wrongly) that it would work with the Bluetooth update. After updating all version numbers were latest but as I said, no change

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back