VICTRON SMART SHUNT PRODUCT LAUNCH

• Thread starter Deleted member 4892
  • Start date

Deleted member 4892

Well they've gone and done it again, Victron have now launched the Smart Shunt. Available in 500/1000/2000 Amp models, using the Victron Connect App to access the data. Complete game changer and will make a trouble-free installation!!! No stock available at the moment (My Back-Orders have been put in already (y)):

Yes fitted it a day or so after it landed (needed a short heavy duty cable from battery to shunt)
Very easy and quick to fit....

Connects with ease to my Samsung galaxy Note 10 plus...
Doesn't seem to want to connect to my samsung tablet.

Only issue this far appears to be that the phone will only record data whilst the phone is connected and the app open....

Not sure whether this is just how it works OR whether there is a setting to change to allow it to continue to record data whilst the app runs in the background.

My intention was to leave the tablet in the van (as it has useful apps on it)
BUT not looked into it any further at the moment.

Only issue this far appears to be that the phone will only record data whilst the phone is connected and the app open....

Not sure whether this is just how it works

I suspect that's right, as the Victron suite includes the Colour control or GX to add the logging and remote monitoring.

Or you can use a 50 quid Rasberry Pi as there stuff is really expensive.

I suspect that's right, as the Victron suite includes the Colour control or GX to add the logging and remote monitoring.

Or you can use a 50 quid Rasberry Pi as there stuff is really expensive.

That's what I thought....
Just need to get the bloody tablet to talk to it now lol (suspect that's a software/android compatability issue)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back