Vinyl wrapping van

Admin

Administator

Once again my tin hat is on!

I am considering vinyl wrapping my van, there are several pros to this (like protecting the paintwork) but really I just want my van to look cool!

One man's meat...

I understand that most people will dislike the look I want and that's fine, I am not most people and I love vans that look this way.

Here is a photo of the type of look I want.

30084183_1814790065491831_6243946699564253184_n (1).jpg

Think of it more as an anti theft measure. I had a sand coloured (hate the word beige) Fiat 127 many years ago and had to replace the drivers door. I obtained a navy blue one which was all the scrapyard had at the time of visit. I never got round to painting it to match the car. I always thought of it as a security device, and yes I know no one would want to steal a rusty old Fiat 127, but when you have no spare money and the mortgage rate is 16% with 3 kids then the vehicle is priceless.

It will of course affect the resale value and reduce the potential market pool, unless the wrap is removable. I don’t know, are they ?

Davy

Have you won the lottery :unsure: because i had a quote for £200 + VAT just for the bonnet being done o_O

I love the idea of vinyl wrapping but I keep hearing that it just doesn't last, so is often a disappointment after spending lots of pennies on it.

I am considering vinyl wrapping my van, there are several pros to this (like protecting the paintwork) but really I just want my van to look cool!

One man's meat...

I understand that most people will dislike the look I want and that's fine, I am not most people and I love vans that look this way.

View attachment 43642
Wow that really is good it makes a Hymer look like a VW crafter

That'll be a bit marmite lol. I think there is something that would suit your van, I can't really picture if that's it or not? I like that crafter, but get on Photoshop so we can see that pattern on yours.

I would love a camouflage wrap but would be bit daft on a coach built holdsworth, have been playing wrapping some small camper item glove box wing mirror support oooh and the better halves vap pipes, it's not easy.

I would love a camouflage wrap but would be bit daft on a coach built holdsworth, have been playing wrapping some small camper item glove box wing mirror support oooh and the better halves vap pipes, it's not easy.

One of our members owns a company that does vehicle wraps, I am going to visit him on Wednesday with the van so we can see what can be done and for how much.

I would love to do mine in "dazzle" camouflage like the WW1 ships had,couple of things put me off, price,and I'll no longer be stealthy... ironically.

Could just do the T4 bit at the front. :) image of doka wing mirrors support before and after, bit rough but practice makes perfect. Why carbon fibre wrap just to fool them at the mobile weighbridge.

before wrap.jpgafter wrap .jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2cv

One man's meat...

View attachment 43642
Well, I've got the chunky tyres, so that's a start.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back