Vision express- Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Carrerasax

Any experience or legal knowledge?

Should have gone to specsavers. Usual glasses from £39 then end up paying £250!!! Two for one deal taken then when collected glasses queried thickness of lenses in primary pair that had paid thinning cost for!!
Got home and quickly became apparent they had mixed up lens types with secondary pair non-thinned single vision lenses.
They are returning primary pair for correction of lenses and say they will have to return 2nd pair for standard lenses to be fitted!!!!
Thought I was going to be winner of two high spec pairs.
Bit of a nonsense although they say I can’t have lenses I haven’t paid for. They were the ones that cocked up though!! And extra cost of doing lens change, is it really necessary.
How do I get common sense to prevail?

Management needs a yearly Retinopathy test.
Last year, they " Improved" the service.
She could no longer use our regular opticians.
She went to Specsavers.
After being passed from pillar to post, like a parcel, never seeing the same young face, twice.
She left with £300 worth of tat..
It took over 5 months for the retinopathy results to reach her specilist.
They have made further " improvements " now .
It's a choice between one other optician in Altrincham... Or Specsavers...!
We bet the other one will be swamped out, Lord knows when she'll get an appointment.

think its disgusting the way these big firms treat their customers...........you just feel like your banging your head against a brick wall trying to get things sorted with them.......stressful to say the least.....good luck in getting things put right

Independent options have proved better for us over several years and they are actually cheaper, they also supply top grade lenses and frames not own brand stuff

This cartel was inevitable when the ''deregulation'' of the trade was established and, surprise surprise ,it went the same way as bus deregulation et al. I used to get fed up of listening to the blokes I worked with bleating about paying for dental treatment, which can be avoided or reduced by personal choices, when I have to pay the best part of £400 every couple of years in order to function at all. Between me and the boss it runs to not much short of £500 a year.

Cheers

H

I use Specsavers every 2 years when I need a test for my diabetes, I’ve never had any problems with them or my glasses. My eyesight is now getting slowly “better” and some I used to use 5/6years ago are now worth using as spares.

Been using Specsavers for years now and have found them ok until recently :(

I`m just standard single vision lenses, can get a good deal on the " 2 for 1 " promos and only need testing every 2 years :)

The wife however is a fine kettle of fish :eek:

She needs a very complicated prescription which costs the thick end of £600 a pair and testing every year o_O

I've used spec savers for many years and found them very good.
The last two pairs of glasses the OH got were not right for her - not the lenses but the frames. Specsavers just took them back and she chose new ones no problem and full refund.
On the OPs point... It does seem a bit strange for them to not just say 'just keep them at the standard price'.

Under sale of goods legislation can they insist that i return goods not as ordered?
I know I’m being a bit crafty and benefiting from them but they’re no good to them are they, as they will bin good lenses when they replace with standard ones!!!!!?

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back