Vodafone Spain Problem

Trotter

I’ve two Vodafone SIM cards. My UK one and a 15 day Portuguese one. Both work well in Portugal. Well you would expect the Portuguese one to.
My problem is with the UK sim. I left Portugal on Friday, tried the sim in the Huawei mifi as soon as I entered Spain. NO SERVICE, was in the mifi window. Okay, perhaps I was only just in Spain, perhaps I was getting a clash, between servers. I tried again in Seville. Still nowt.
Returned to Portugal. Elvas, both sim’s working well.
Left Portugal again, with the UK sim in and working. Got to Badajoz. NO SERVICE.

As I posted this, I got a text from Nic, she says lots of folks saying they are experiencing problems. The official reason is problems with owners phone. Rubbish, ( insert the word I’d like to use), if the phone/mifi unit is at fault, why is there no problem in Portugal.
Come on Vodafone, stop making excuses, get your equipment in order.

Last edited:
someone trying to tell you something ie don’t leave portugal del
You’ve got a point there Ken. Pretty sure I’m going to wander around middle and northern Portugal for a couple of weeks, then bother Ruth and Dave for a while. Before heading home. Blitz Spain and go slowly through France.
Portugal’s a nicer country anyway. Well for internet it is 🙄
Staying warm is a priority.🥶
How is things with your convoy?

I’m in a weird place tonight. Looks like an almost abandoned spa resort. Cabeco De Vide. The only thing open is a gift or information shop. Swimming pool and gym across the way, looks in good order. Odd.
Great internet though.

Last edited:
blimey your well north del we are at paul/jennys place been gypsy market today carnival tuesday lees birthday wednesday then points sunny is the plan

blimey your well north del we are at paul/jennys place been gypsy market today carnival tuesday lees birthday wednesday then points sunny is the plan
Yup! Well north, and gone the pretty way. Have diesel, will travel.
I was making for Murcia eventually. An unplanned visit to my sister. Just as well it was unplanned. I don’t need to cancel.

I wonder whether mifi settings need changing when in Spain? Can't see why, and haven't any memory of having to do that myself though. Freedom to travel where you fancy is part of the fun, and lack of internet affecting you is annoying. Portugals gain....see you soon! The Atlantic coast up from Peniche is pretty....

I’m in a weird place tonight. Looks like an almost abandoned spa resort. Cabeco De Vide. The only thing open is a gift or information shop. Swimming pool and gym across the way, looks in good order. Odd.
Shame Termas da Sulfurea in Cabeco De Vide is closed, would be useful for keeping warm!

Are you wildcamping, I see there's no Aire in Cabeco De Vide? How is the wildcamping in Portugal. We will be heading to Spain / Portugal in June.

Shame Termas da Sulfurea in Cabeco De Vide is closed, would be useful for keeping warm!

Are you wildcamping, I see there's no Aire in Cabeco De Vide? How is the wildcamping in Portugal. We will be heading to Spain / Portugal in June.
It’s #108 in the Vicarious Aires book. Coordinate N39.08.013 W007.34.858.
I’ve purposely stayed away from the Albufeira area. I understand that’s where the problems are. Staying on official Aires, shouldn’t be a problem. If you can get on. Getting on early seems to be the way to go. Saying that, the only one I’ve experienced problems with, was the one at Badajoz, Spain.
I know it goes against the grain, there’s always a camp site.🤭

No
It’s #108 in the Vicarious Aires book. Coordinate N39.08.013 W007.34.858.
I’ve purposely stayed away from the Albufeira area. I understand that’s where the problems are. Staying on official Aires, shouldn’t be a problem. If you can get on. Getting on early seems to be the way to go. Saying that, the only one I’ve experienced problems with, was the one at Badajoz, Spain.
I know it goes against the grain, there’s always a camp site.🤭
Nothing wrong with campsites....We use a combination of free places, simple (paying) stopovers, and cheap campsites.Aim for under £10 !

No

Nothing wrong with campsites....We use a combination of free places, simple (paying) stopovers, and cheap campsites.Aim for under £10 !
We must be in Hyacinth Bucket mode! We have switched from a caravan so are accustomed to paying for sites, and, after our first season using UK sites, are resigned to paying through the nose most of the time

We're using a different route through France this year and have picked convenient break points. Just hoping that the aires are open, there is space and the water is switched on. Sites start in Spain, and look to be nearer £15

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back