Was he pushed or did he jump.

Campervanannie

PUSHED
Well my other half Bill has put off retirement for years he could have gone at 55 with a healthy pension but he put it off and off now at 69 he vowed that at 70 he would definitely retire.
he’s had a good run 45 years and he has always said if it was hard manual work he would have gone years back but as ( in his word a paper shuffler) But this year they have decided to relocate the Santander postal services run through an outsourced company to the North East he is being made redundant so he has roughly 6 months to train the new team and assist in a smooth transfer to its new home in Sunderland.
Good news really as it stops him moving the goalposts so retirement with a nice handshake 🤝 so I need to make a list of jobs to do around the house while I’m still out and about. 😂😂😂

Consultancy is the way to go Bill. Financially anyway. Retirement’s better. The wages are crap, the hour’s are great.
Put your feet up, or buy a camper, find out where Annie’s going, and head in the opposite direction 👍

redundancy is very handy. nice little unexpected payout when he was going to pack it in anyway.

So .... what nice new motorhome is he going to buy you to keep you out of his hair?
No nice new motorhome nothing wrong with the one we have though we have thought about downsizing to a panel van style but no snap decisions yet. 👍

Enjoy the freedom when it comes. I only had six months after retirement before my health failed, but I’ve still enjoyed the 10 years being free even if somewhat restricted by health and can’t now imagine the waste of fun time that having to go to work was.

Wow does he get a medal for hanging in there for so long? I dug my tunnel to being unemployed/retired at 59, not wanting to wait for a possible package. And would not have changed a thing - we have enough to go away in our little motorhome and explore our glorious isle. What more could we ask? (rhetorical question lol) :unsure:

A friend of mine had been living in Australia for some time and finally made up her mind to return to the UK. She wrote her resignation for the Monday morning, walked through the door to hand it in, but was grabbed by HR.

They sat her down, told her that her position was redundant with immediate affect, and that they had prepared a cash package.

She told me that it was incredibly hard for her to look distraught as she left the building, and immediately bought her ticket home.

Lucky girl. :)

A friend of mine had been living in Australia for some time and finally made up her mind to return to the UK. She wrote her resignation for the Monday morning, walked through the door to hand it in, but was grabbed by HR.

They sat her down, told her that her position was redundant with immediate affect, and that they had prepared a cash package.

She told me that it was incredibly hard for her to look distraught as she left the building, and immediately bought her ticket home.

Lucky girl. :)
Mine was a similar story I was about to give in my notice due to ill health after a long employment when suddenly redundancies where announced my boss put me through and so I retired through I’ll health with a nice golden handshake and still got a good company pension which more than covers the cost of my Diesel addiction. 😂😂

Morning campers update on the retiree😂

So last Thursday Bill went out with his workmates yesterday afternoon to celebrate their last day at work it got to midnight no sign of him so Jo and I stayed up incase he rung for a lift both of us getting a bit worried as his last words to us were I won’t be home for tea but I won’t be that late either, at about 3.25 am a taxi pulled up outside and we watched him fall out of the taxi and face plant the tarmac then he struggled to his feet and negotiated his way to the door we had to go out to pay the taxi as he had no money the taxi driver was great and said he told him he had no money left and could he get him home nice young lad he said to me I couldn’t leave him in the state he was in, he was wrecked he didn’t get out of bed for nearly 38 hours a can of Coca Cola and 2 paracetamols helped him though it with the usual comment never again. 😂😂😂😂
So a happy retirement/ redundancy was had by all😂😂

E
Morning campers update on the retiree😂

So last Thursday Bill went out with his workmates yesterday afternoon to celebrate their last day at work it got to midnight no sign of him so Jo and I stayed up incase he rung for a lift both of us getting a bit worried as his last words to us were I won’t be home for tea but I won’t be that late either, at about 3.25 am a taxi pulled up outside and we watched him fall out of the taxi and face plant the tarmac then he struggled to his feet and negotiated his way to the door we had to go out to pay the taxi as he had no money the taxi driver was great and said he told him he had no money left and could he get him home nice young lad he said to me I couldn’t leave him in the state he was in, he was wrecked he didn’t get out of bed for nearly 38 hours a can of Coca Cola and 2 paracetamols helped him though it with the usual comment never again. 😂😂😂😂
So a happy retirement/ redundancy was had by all😂😂
h pot crying the kettle ,,I know how he feels it must be to do being around you MRS😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
well done bill hope you have a great retirement
regards Fiona and myself 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🍺

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back