Washable dog beds

Clunegapyears

Whilst we are away in the Motorhome, which is most of the time, I can only wash the inner part, i.e. the pad, in our twin tub. The outer part of the dog bed gets increasingly dirty… and smelly. Too big for the twin tub and campsite laundries etc would object to dog bed washing in their machines.

I would chuck the outer part, but does collect dirt off the dogs. And protects them from draughts when cold.

What do you use? Suggestions? E3BABAB4-38C6-4030-BB4B-EFA04206D4F4.jpegE3BABAB4-38C6-4030-BB4B-EFA04206D4F4.jpeg

Reg has a similar bed which sits on top of a very thick memory foam bed so it's comfortable and warm for him. It gets very hairy which I can shake/brush off in between vacuums.

He has a doggy bag which I put him in if he gets wet or muddy so he can dry off and shake the muck off before he gets back in his bed so it doesn't get too dirty or smelly.

Caz, yes have doggy dry bags for when wet, and can’t believe we didn’t get them sooner. Love that when you release the beasts and let them out, all the dirt stays in side and can just be shaken outside.

Annie ... like the look of those ... the foam inside still looks clean, so I presume the covers are waterproof and fibre close weave to stop the dirt going through. I can see replacements this summer when we get home. Oscar has had his bed for 2.5 years since we got him, so is due a new one, bless.

Caz, yes have doggy dry bags for when wet, and can’t believe we didn’t get them sooner. Love that when you release the beasts and let them out, all the dirt stays in side and can just be shaken outside.

Annie ... like the look of those ... the foam inside still looks clean, so I presume the covers are waterproof and fibre close weave to stop the dirt going through. I can see replacements this summer when we get home. Oscar has had his bed for 2.5 years since we got him, so is due a new one, bless.
They are not very waterproof but if I put them outside I put them on a mat and if the dogs are damp I lay a towel in the bed but they wash really well

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back