Washing your Motorhome

Lorraine

Rally Organiser

Do you wash your van yourself especially on top, or do you have it professionally cleaned

I noticed on our last outing, when the television Ariel was up it was green on the underside, when it is being cleaned the Ariel is always down

Jeff washes ours, roof also, but we have forgot about the underneath of the ariel

I washed mine a couple of days ago. My better half volunteers to visit the roof a couple of times a year. I certainly wouldn’t trust it to the harsh chemicals used by car washers, or their high pressure sprays. Having said that if there was a good local motorhome detailer that would be good now and again. I clean mine after ever outing.

Yes, I still wash mine myself, but take care when using a ladder.

I have a habit of rushing things and that leads to clumsiness.........

I normally wash mine myself but not feeling too great at present decided to treat myself to this

P1010357.JPGP1010358.JPGP1010359.JPGP1010360.JPGP1010361.JPGP1010364.JPGP1010366.JPGP1010367.JPGP1010369.JPG
EXTERIOR

• Citrus pre-wash applied to wheels and lower half then rinsed
  • wheels/arches cleaned using acid free cleaner and various brushes
  • iron x used to remove any metal contamination/ baked on brake dust
  • vehicle foamed with a citrus snow foam then rinsed at high pressure
  • door shuts cleaned
  • washed using two bucket method and dried with plush microfiber towels
  • detailed areas cleaned with APC (door shuts,badges etc)
  • all paint and glass clay’d to remove all bonded contamination
  • re-washed using safe two-bucket wash technique
  • remove all tar deposits
  • paint work polished with a pre-wax cleanser using a DA machine polisher adding a deep rich gloss. (including door shuts)
  • x2 layers of wax applied to paintwork (including door shuts)
  • all plastic trim treated with a trim protective weather resistant sealant to protect against UV fading
  • wheel face sealed with a heat resistant protection sealant
  • inner wheel arches dressed
  • tire preserve applied
  • glass cleaned & a water repellent treatment applied making safer driving in wet conditions
  • any metal or bright work polished and protected
  • vehicle finished with a quick detailing spray!

However here is the result visible the next few mornings.

I must say I am a bit disappointed, it cost £200 the guy when I complained returned £100 and redid the work but still a very poor job for a professional firm,
I am doing it myself done the sides front and back just the roof but rained off may try tomorrow.

What a mess. Looks like he forgot to change the water from his last job Alf. :oops:

Fetch it up here and I will have a go. After being used to my juggernaut, yours will seem like a Mini. :)

Looks great when washed right :) What colour is your T5? sort of a Moss Green?

What a mess. Looks like he forgot to change the water from his last job Alf. :oops:

Fetch it up here and I will have a go. After being used to my juggernaut, yours will seem like a Mini. :)

Jim.

He failed to get the polish off and then used some sort of super sealant that has locked the marks in below the sealant it's a clay bar job to remove.

Alf

That's even worse than I thought, you must be fuming Alf. Name and shame the useless beggar. Can you not get any help from Trading Standards? He needs to do more than give you half your money back, he needs cover all the cost of restoring the paintwork back to a good condition.

I normally wash mine myself but not feeling too great at present decided to treat myself to this

View attachment 40083View attachment 40084View attachment 40085View attachment 40086View attachment 40087View attachment 40088View attachment 40089View attachment 40090View attachment 40091
EXTERIOR

• Citrus pre-wash applied to wheels and lower half then rinsed
  • wheels/arches cleaned using acid free cleaner and various brushes
  • iron x used to remove any metal contamination/ baked on brake dust
  • vehicle foamed with a citrus snow foam then rinsed at high pressure
  • door shuts cleaned
  • washed using two bucket method and dried with plush microfiber towels
  • detailed areas cleaned with APC (door shuts,badges etc)
  • all paint and glass clay’d to remove all bonded contamination
  • re-washed using safe two-bucket wash technique
  • remove all tar deposits
  • paint work polished with a pre-wax cleanser using a DA machine polisher adding a deep rich gloss. (including door shuts)
  • x2 layers of wax applied to paintwork (including door shuts)
  • all plastic trim treated with a trim protective weather resistant sealant to protect against UV fading
  • wheel face sealed with a heat resistant protection sealant
  • inner wheel arches dressed
  • tire preserve applied
  • glass cleaned & a water repellent treatment applied making safer driving in wet conditions
  • any metal or bright work polished and protected
  • vehicle finished with a quick detailing spray!

However here is the result visible the next few mornings.

I must say I am a bit disappointed, it cost £200 the guy when I complained returned £100 and redid the work but still a very poor job for a professional firm,
I am doing it myself done the sides front and back just the roof but rained off may try tomorrow.

Sorry Alf I dont know what to say

Bill, I don't know that I would trust anyone else to do anything to the van again, I have had many sleepless nights since and the weather is now against working outdoors I will manage to get it back to it's former condition myself. I don't do FB, thanks for the thought though.

Alf

Don’t know if you do fb Alf, but if you do THIS PLACE produces absolutely amazing results when detailing and recovering vehicles.

Hi Alf, I can certainly understand your reluctance to trust your van to anyone else. I have admired Vince’s work for many years and been amazed at the results he produces. He is dedicated to achieving the very best results, just in case you do decide to get your van sorted by someone, his contact details are HERE. One of my cars has won national and international awards and I would even trust him with it.
Whatever way you choose, hope that your van is back to pristine condition soon.
Just a couple of examples of his work:

E1F49757-8E86-4057-BCD4-26C3B6D32377.jpegA259C36D-231E-48DB-BBD1-0E622396514E.jpegB5EF7AB6-4B8E-4468-B8F8-A2C3E2B1494A.jpegA7E5220A-B649-4882-AEB4-794125BFFDC2.jpeg

Bill This firm has a website with dozens of similar photos and cam with a highly recommended personal recommendation if you read the blurb detail I posted I found many other things he missed both times he never opens a door to do the doorstop door shuts that I can definitely say I doubt he waxed twice and at that it was a water like spray. I have put this all behind me now I will do it myself and never trust anyone else with it. I would have had a good day today but it's snowing Silver Birch spores here by the bucket load.
Your chap looks ok but it's a bit too far to travel it seems most of these retailers use chemicals rather than elbow grease I think the old fashioned ways are for me .
Many thanks for your advice and thoughts.

Alf

Hi Alf, I can certainly understand your reluctance to trust your van to anyone else. I have admired Vince’s work for many years and been amazed at the results he produces. He is dedicated to achieving the very best results, just in case you do decide to get your van sorted by someone, his contact details are HERE. One of my cars has won national and international awards and I would even trust him with it.
Whatever way you choose, hope that your van is back to pristine condition soon.
Just a couple of examples of his work:

View attachment 40100View attachment 40101View attachment 40103View attachment 40102

Reactions: 2cv
I've gone to reply a few times on this thread about what was done to your T5, but each time cleared my post as really lost for words at what was done to it, let alone handed back to you like that - and asking for money for it as well :(
I can understand why you are reluctant to hand over to anyone else after this.
I'm sure you will get it back to as it should be - hope the weather lets you do so without too much hassle.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back