Water behind bodywork trim problem.

paulhelenwilko

CD2B74B6-7859-4C46-8EE1-9F2254F73042.jpeg6360BCC1-54FA-4394-8821-65C51F30962E.jpeg
Just been to fetch the Moho from storage ready to take to Oaktree for service in the morning.
I found the offside panel linking cab to Moho had crinkles or blisters in it. I attach photos of both sides. The near side seems unaffected.
There appears to be some moisture in the crinkles. I guess the clear outer coating is becoming delaminated.
Anyone experienced similar or any solutions to suggest ?

Paul.

Not sure what I'd do other than to get advice from somewhere professionally dealing with motorhome body work, I'd not touch it myself though.

On looking again, it looks like it's a vinyl finish, I'd expect that part to be made out of something quite thick as it supports the front of the hab and overcab bodywork, so maybe GRP or fibreglass etc, perhaps it has had a wrap done on it at some point, if it's a wrap then it's easy to redo it, and if the surface under whatever we see is waterproof then it could be wrapped I suppose but a phot on a forum isn't the best way to diagnose body work.

The colour is very different from the surrounding are which is why I thought it might be a wrap.

The colour is very different from the surrounding are which is why I thought it might be a wrap.
Yes the colour is different and is something that has always bugged me, it looks like that panel has faded in the sunlight. However I checked this out and it is something Hymer did for it’s ‘Bianco’ models.

I have taken a couple more shots, it looks like the sealant at the top of the panel has peeled away and water has got in. The dark grey graphic appears to be on top of the clear film but shows no sign of lifting away. It maybe that the graphic and film were applied very accurately together at the factory and actually butt up to each other so no edge is felt.35DE9016-C309-4A84-9379-C7FB6D0659F6.jpeg33A139A5-E06D-46E1-8752-6633D710B43F.jpeg

I’ll report back what the dealer thinks tomorrow. Meanwhile I think I will post in Hymer specific forums see if anyone else has had same problem.

Any news on this problem?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back