Water pump air in system.

sydnsue

Further to my previous post, it appears while travelling that the water drops out of the pump presumably back into the tank. Is there a one way valve or similar to stop this happening? The only way I can get it working again is by beating hell out of the pump which seems to work but probably not the correct solution☹️. I can see air bubbling in the filter.

Just buy a inline one way antirun back valve and fit it at the pump or the pipe from the pump on top of tank
Not sure if the pump has a. Built in one way valve

Last edited:
If it is running back into the tank I would suspect a slight leak somewhere, but an inline non return valve close to the pump would work as Gordon said

It takes ages to get water to the taps on my autosleeper after a drain down , apparently the pump just dangles in the tank on the end of the water pipe ,

If it is running back into the tank I would suspect a slight leak somewhere, but an inline non return valve close to the pump would work as Gordon said
I wondered that but we only occasionally get the dreaded pump start in the middle of the night but only once if at all. Can't do much right now while in France. It may have to wait until home but it's annoying.

I assume you have the submersible Whale pump, I've had issues with those, one was a switched type t'other was pressure, pressure given much less problems as less to go wrong.

Further to my previous post, it appears while travelling that the water drops out of the pump presumably back into the tank. Is there a one way valve or similar to stop this happening? The only way I can get it working again is by beating hell out of the pump which seems to work but probably not the correct solution☹️. I can see air bubbling in the filter.
I've recently incurred a similar problem, 😱 been fine for ten years, now it has to be primed whenever water is needed, I'd presumed that the pump is not holding the pressure! Is it time to bite the bullet and fit a new pump 🤔

I put a new one in a few weeks ago, what a difference.

I've recently incurred a similar problem, 😱 been fine for ten years, now it has to be primed whenever water is needed, I'd presumed that the pump is not holding the pressure! Is it time to bite the bullet and fit a new pump 🤔
How are you priming it? All I'm doing is knocking it until the pump bites.

How are you priming it? All I'm doing is knocking it until the pump bites.
I used to have to take the shower spray off mine every time I drained the system and suck on the pipe until water could be felt rising in the pipe, shower tap open of course and you had to be quick to avoid a mouthful, although it does taste better than the coal delivery lorries of the sixties 🥴

Back