Water pump

RCW

Free Member

Evening all, hope you had a good Christmas given the circumstances.

not been using the motorhome a lot lately as been dealing with various work and family commitments. Was doing a general pre-prep clean out today/re-arrange.

Anyway..... for some reason when I turned the water pump on to run the system it does not want to turn off, granted I’ve not used it in a while as no need. So the water runs but the pump won’t auto shutoff, temperatures above freezing, drinking water approved antifreeze “not cheap” in the tank for if it does freeze? Any suggestions would we great.

Thanks....

tomorrow, a good re-arrange finish off and interior clean. Given up on washing weekly in winter 👍

Need to know more info to give accurate advice, is it a switched or pressurised system?

dodgy microswitch in the tap ?
I had what seems similar. by agitating/fiddling the tap on/off towards hot then cold it would switch off
It was the tap that was worn rather than the microswitch but a new tap with inbuilt switch was the preferred solution.
Look for the microswitch leads and connection..probably under the sink and try unplugging

Last edited:
You should hear a click when you open a tap (I use a stethoscope) so try all the taps/shower and toilet flush if it is electric to see if one of them doesn't click, if you look under the sink you should see two wires if it has a microswitch, easy to change just the switch if you can determine which one is at fault.

Usually a constantly running pump is on a pressurised system, any slight leak will keep the pump running,
Does your van have a frost protection dump valve?
Like this, it dumps the water out of your heater which causes a pump with a pressure switch to run
red knob.jpg

Thanks for the reply’s, happy new year to you all. (01/01; would appear it’s the leisure battery I’m suspecting given no issues on hook up)

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back