Water tank inspection bung

RichardP

I had a water leak from my fresh water tank and found the circular screwed inspection cap under the tank had been damaged presumably by a previous owner and "fixed" with a bit of silicon. It's protected by a cover so am at a loss as to how it could get broken. Autotrail say my 2010 reg Tracker is too old for them to have spares. Any ideas as to whether this approx 4" male threaded cap is a generic part and where I could get one please?
I fear the gaffer tape repair will only be very temporary ☹️

Trackers are great vans. We had a 2005 EKS that we loved.

Most people looking for spares recommend O'Leary Motorhomes for spares:

I hope you find what you are after.

I had a water leak from my fresh water tank and found the circular screwed inspection cap under the tank had been damaged presumably by a previous owner and "fixed" with a bit of silicon. It's protected by a cover so am at a loss as to how it could get broken. Autotrail say my 2010 reg Tracker is too old for them to have spares. Any ideas as to whether this approx 4" male threaded cap is a generic part and where I could get one please?
I fear the gaffer tape repair will only be very temporary ☹️
You should try googling for one. Sometimes it is a long job and you need to try various descriptions to be successful. Your tank may not be a mass produced item but the fittings on it should be.

CAK tanks sell everything from freshwater tanks/wastewater tanks and all the associated parts

Thanks - I tried Autotrail who didn't seem to have any idea what they'd fitted in such an ancient 'van (2010 reg). CAK couldn't help, or various others. But happily I found the manufacturers name on the old cap and contacted them. I've now got a new bung which fits perfectly! Though how someone has managed to break the old one then cover up the damage with a bit of gunk defeats me 🤣

16270598683196030011233905006942.jpg

Thanks - I tried Autotrail who didn't seem to have any idea what they'd fitted in such an ancient 'van (2010 reg). CAK couldn't help, or various others. But happily I found the manufacturers name on the old cap and contacted them. I've now got a new bung which fits perfectly! Though how someone has managed to break the old one then cover up the damage with a bit of gunk defeats me 🤣
Trying to get it undone probably. You need some vasaline round the threads. Had a dingy that used those to seal the buoyancy tanks. Made a wooden handle up to get them off.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back