Wee project now complete.

runnach

First of all, have a look at me wearing hard hat, to get an idea of what I did with chrome plated brass bezel to create clock, manu info below.

Based idea on my porthole clock, with porthole removed by moi form a wreck I found, bezel has been sitting in my workshop just asking to be utilised. Thin copper sheet cut using bezel as template, copper drilled, then nut and bolted to bezel, then using leather sandbag and pear shape mallet, dressed to the convex shape you now see, had to anneal copper once, as it was work hardening and difficult to shape. After removal from bezel, highly polished and given a good coating of clear lacquer, although after a while, shine does diminish.

Solid brass rivets now hold copper to bezel, battery clock working in place, two top handle threaded fixing holes fitted with M3 dome shape machine screws, giving the option of wall hanging, bottom nose pinching/ear equalising device hole, small piece of brass rod turn down to fit hole, rod you see at rear, allows for bezel clock to sit on a table, or desk.hard hat (1).jpgDSCF1051.JPGDSCF1052.JPG

Wully

Terry I’ve only got one criticism that defanetly looks like a cheap Costco battery You need a good quality lithium battery 😜 it’ll save you money on the long run and if you live to be a 105 You’ll have saved 20p. Plus you’ll shave 2 milligrams of you’re mh weight. That alone will equate to 40p saving on fuel. Over the next 100 year 🤔....😂😂😜

wildebus

Looks Fun :D

Terry I’ve only got one criticism that defanetly looks like a cheap Costco battery You need a good quality lithium battery 😜 it’ll save you money on the long run and if you live to be a 105 You’ll have saved 20p. Plus you’ll shave 2 milligrams of you’re mh weight. That alone will equate to 40p saving on fuel. Over the next 100 year 🤔....😂😂😜
Actually ..... I WOULD replace the Costco battery as they had a long-term batch problem with their Kirkland AA Batteries a few years ago with them leaking.

When I read about that I checked all the devices I had them in and around half had leaking batteries in them! Took what I could find back to Costco along with a torch that wasn't working anymore and had bad batteries in and got a refund for all batteries purchased and for the torch as well. Costco generally superb quality but their Kirkland Batteries were (are?) a problem waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Topmast

After all that hard work it would have been nice to see a decent mechanical moment put in more in keeping with the quality of the bezel.But well done for lateral thinking.I bet the polishing took a while.

runnach

Wully, kirkie sig is for show purposes only, I'm going to fit a rechargeable battery and add a solar panel, mate! :ROFLMAO:

runnach

Actually ..... I WOULD replace the Costco battery as they had a long-term batch problem with their Kirkland AA Batteries a few years ago with them leaking.

When I read about that I checked all the devices I had them in and around half had leaking batteries in them! Took what I could find back to Costco along with a torch that wasn't working anymore and had bad batteries in and got a refund for all batteries purchased and for the torch as well. Costco generally superb quality but their Kirkland Batteries were (are?) a problem waiting to happen.
[/QUOTE

Never had any problems with them WB. And as you say, Costco are top notch if you have problems with purchasing from them.

Never had any problems with them WB. And as you say, Costco are top notch if you have problems with purchasing from them.

runnach

After all that hard work it would have been nice to see a decent mechanical moment put in more in keeping with the quality of the bezel.But well done for lateral thinking.I bet the polishing took a while.
I wouldn't know where to look for a mechanical movement??

I have a fixed pedestal polishing @ 3500 rpm, which does make polishing a fairly quick and simple task.

Val54

There you go Terry, it’s a small world sometimes! Yes the horse and rider is really good, so animated and the work that must have gone into getting all the finer detail, very talented guys 👍👍