Weight upgrade V5C change

rayc

Free Member

I recently upgraded the MH from 3500kg to 3850kg. I have had the V5C returned to me with Section X: Taxation Class amended to Private HGV and Section Y: Revenue Weight amended to 3850kg.
My query is regards to section F1: Max. Permissible Mass which still shows 3500kg. should I have any concerns regarding this?

I’ve just done similar, 3500 to 4100. My new V5C has no entry in the F1 column. Just 4100 in gvw

I would be concerned, cos I'm a worrier.

Something similar happened to me....It was a typo, and so rather than telephone I reposted copies of all the relevant paperwork illustrating what should have been written. They returned the corrected V5C by first class post.

So is dvla no longer considering your vehicle a motorhome?

Mark
I do not know why you would think that as Section D6: Body type is motor caravan and has not been changed. Just Revenue Weight and Taxation Class have been changed.

Revenue weight and GVM should be the same on the V5 , it is on mine .

I do not know why you would think that as Section D6: Body type is motor caravan and has not been changed. Just Revenue Weight and Taxation Class have been changed.
It was only that many years ago my Merc 608 Motorhome had it documents changed. It used to say Motorcaravan on the tax disc. Then changed to PHGV also the body type was changed to panel van. DVLA refused to change it though it had been a Motorhome from 1979 to 2003.

Mark

Reading though the DVLA guides is interesting. With my new ex bus project the taxation class should end up being the lowest duty PHGV. If the body type is not excepted as Motorcaravan it will have to remain BUS. If it has a bus body type then it must be PSV. It cannot be PSV if not used for hire or reward. The more you read the worse it gets as one rule contradicts another!

Reading though the DVLA guides is interesting. With my new ex bus project the taxation class should end up being the lowest duty PHGV. If the body type is not excepted as Motorcaravan it will have to remain BUS. If it has a bus body type then it must be PSV. It cannot be PSV if not used for hire or reward. The more you read the worse it gets as one rule contradicts another!
My van was an 4.6t Minibus and had PSV MOTs.
Step 1:
Before I completed the conversion I took out the seats and had it changed to a "Van/Windows" (as that is what a bus without any seats for passengers is ;) ) and changed the taxation class from PLG to PHGV (I don't know why it was a PLG before).
DVLA requested external photos to show the change. I just took a photo of the inside with the seats removed to show it was not a minibus anymore.
Step 2:
MOT was due before I had it reclassified to a Motor Caravan, but the conversion was finished enough for me to get a Class 4 MOT as it was presented to the MOT station as a Motor Caravan (what is on the V5C makes no difference to how the MOT Tester tests it. In fact they even don't look at the V5C ever)
Step 3:
Sent off a request to change the Body Type to a "Motor Caravan"

Seemed to work for me.

My van was an 4.6t Minibus and had PSV MOTs.
Step 1:
Before I completed the conversion I took out the seats and had it changed to a "Van/Windows" (as that is what a bus without any seats for passengers is ;) ) and changed the taxation class from PLG to PHGV (I don't know why it was a PLG before).
DVLA requested external photos to show the change. I just took a photo of the inside with the seats removed to show it was not a minibus anymore.
Step 2:
MOT was due before I had it reclassified to a Motor Caravan, but the conversion was finished enough for me to get a Class 4 MOT as it was presented to the MOT station as a Motor Caravan (what is on the V5C makes no difference to how the MOT Tester tests it. In fact they even don't look at the V5C ever)
Step 3:
Sent off a request to change the Body Type to a "Motor Caravan"

Seemed to work for me.
Before I completed the conversion I took out the seats and had it changed to a "Van/Windows"

Makes sense, wish I'd thought of that.

Mark

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back