Weight

Peisinoe

Yes we all need to loose weight but in my case I am ok (wife says otherwise). I need a contact at Hymer to get a "certificate of conformity" or "Manufactures confirmation of design weight".
Our Hymer is 3900kg but has not been stated on the log book so all these years have been paying too much duty £100 too much. DVLA are not happy with loosing money as they are not accepting pictures of plateed weight etc.
So far I have gone through.
Hymer website inquiry twice. No reply
Rang main UK dealer. She said she would email Hymer for my details. No reply.
Hymer owners club. They said contact with Hymer is a problem but one gave me an email. No reply.
Anyone have any ideas.

Sv tech are very good and have a really good working relationship with DVLA, I tried for several months to sort mine out, and in the end paid Sv tech £144 and it was done the same day, then received a new v5 5 days later give them a ring

Our latest van has 3500kg on the V5, but it has a plate with 3850kg on it, so what do I need to do, I did it years ago, but I forget how I did it.

My moho had been downplated by a previous owner and the plates not updated. The dealer who sold me the van passed the issue to SV Tech, who asked me for photos of the plates and then (based solely on the photos) issued an engineers report/certificate that I was able to use to get the DVLA to recategorise the van to PHGV and restore the MAM on the V5 to 3850 kg (i.e. the manufacturer's original value). The only problem then was that DVLA lost the paperwork and I had to email scans to them and then pay the new VED before they would issue the new V5. HTH, Geoff

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back