Well done Scotland

What’s so good about having to pay £5 to dump your grey water and fill up with fresh? Go to France. You’ll get camping places with water dumps and fresh water and toilets (and sometimes showers and electricity) FOR FREE

What’s so good about having to pay £5 to dump your grey water and fill up with fresh? Go to France. You’ll get camping places with water dumps and fresh water and toilets (and sometimes showers and electricity) FOR FREE

At least it's a start.

Council*s have to be persuaded that service points like these are worth the time and expense (and hassle, negativity from locals) of putting them into place.

Please, nobody vandalise it.....

* Yes I realise this is a commercial location, but I'm sure the council will be watching closely.

I paid £12 at a campsite on Skye to empty my waste. Didn’t need water, and I just stopped and asked how much to service my toilet. I was a bit taken aback by the price. I would happily pay £5.
My cassette was full and I was wild camping. I paid the £12 and decided to buy a spare cassette so if I was faced with the same scenario in future I would at least have two cassettes to empty.

Perhaps we should each consider writing to Highland Campers to say Well Done and Thank You.
Also to Sutherland Council in support of Ms Munro's ideas:
https://www.northern-times.co.uk/News/Mature-conversation-needed-on-wild-parking-23112018.htm
Things will only get better if WE as consumers actually do something positive.

The issue in this case seems to be getting the money together to fund some Aires, not a lack of interest in the value. Perhaps this could be approached by subscription - starting with the local motorhomers, but putting the Aires by existing council facilities to reduce cost (as often happens with public EV charging points). You subscribe to Aires in your area, and get to use ones in other areas when you're out and about. Seems fair to me.

I think its a great start, in good weather we only need to empty cassettes and fill with water so much better to pat a fiver than pay a night on a site.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back