Well done team GB

Was listening to some stuff on a sports radio station yesterday and they were going on about all the English sporting achievements since time began over emphasising the word England. When it came near to present day it suddenly changed to British so they could include Andy Murray’s win at Wimbledon.

We had Speedway and F1 stockcar racing at Odsal Stadium in Bradford, my wife Julie and I loved the stockcars but neither of us got into the speedway somehow despite us both being into bikes.

I just looked online.

They recently brought back the stock car racing, they may do Speedway again it used to be a shale track not sure what it is now.

Liz did mention she might like to go so need look into it.

I went to odsal last year cracking track.its still a shale track
We watched a couple of YouTube videos of F1 at Odsal last night and it looked really tame so she wasn't bothered about going and neither was I, the atmosphere is the thing I think, not cheap at £22 a pop either.

We watched a couple of YouTube videos of F1 at Odsal last night and it looked really tame so she wasn't bothered about going and neither was I, the atmosphere is the thing I think, not cheap at £22 a pop either.
I remember the good old days of BRISCA F1 stocks at Coventry Stadium. Our kids loved it. The noise, the dirt, the excitement and yes, even the danger. Walking around the pits, watching these metal magicians fixing all sorts of damage in time for the next heat. Loved it. But as is the way with many track, Coventry has morphed into houses..

Newtongrange also did Stock Car racing after the speedway died a death, what I remember with both speedway and the stockies, was the exhaust smells while ripping through the blaze.

I actually had super 8mm film transferred onto disc of the stock cars at Nitten Star park, I'll dig out the disc and view, been a while.

That's the problem with F1 stock cars you don't get the massive crowds like you used to hence so many tracks being sold when I raced f2 in the 90s and we were supporting F1 the pit's were packed with car's and you couldn't always get a booking I remember a European championship at Northampton there were over 100 f2 car's we had to have 3 consolation heats happy days

I remember the good old days of BRISCA F1 stocks at Coventry Stadium. Our kids loved it. The noise, the dirt, the excitement and yes, even the danger. Walking around the pits, watching these metal magicians fixing all sorts of damage in time for the next heat. Loved it. But as is the way with many track, Coventry has morphed into houses..
The housing application has been knocked back at Coventry so theirs still hope of it reopening but it's in a right mess will need a lot of investment shame as was a great track and got decent crowds for both speedway and stock cars

The housing application has been knocked back at Coventry so theirs still hope of it reopening but it's in a right mess will need a lot of investment shame as was a great track and got decent crowds for both speedway and stock cars
I am so pleased to hear that. Loved our trips to Coventry. Used to stop in the pub at a junction before it burnt down. It took forever to get in the car park and even longer to get out! But the turnstiles seemed to always be quick. Number 260, Dave Berresford was the man! I still have my old Bezz Badge somewhere in my "things". I went to see him race at Hednesford with a mate. We had a cracking time, great track and as with most like minded souls, friendly.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back