We're all in it together.....

paulhelenwilko

I'm not an anti Royalist, I have some reservations, but this has just been reported on the BBC, just made my blood boil.....

Charles flew by RAF to Balmorol on Sunday. (essential travel ? ).

His symptoms started on Sunday.

He had a Corona Virus test on Monday. (NHS only testing patients in hospital, no NHS staff).

He had the test results Tuesday. ( I believe the normal waiting time is currently 3 to 5 days).

I wish him a speedy recovery.

I look forward to hearing about a generous donation from his personal funds to the local Scottish NHS, to any of his staff or their famillies that contract it, or indeed the RAF crew that flew him, and to any of his staff back in Gloucestershire that he may well have already infected.

Last edited:

Ardachaidh

I am anti-royalist, and although I wish him, and all others infected wherever they are, a speedy recovery, I will be glad when we grow up in the UK and decide we don't need a Royal Family as a head of state.

His flying to Scotland, when he had symptoms and then seemingly (though denied) got fast-tracked to the head of the queue in Aberdeenshire is a perfect example of the sense of entitlement, privilege and exceptionalism that royals expect and receive. Meanwhile, people doing really important work, such as NHS staff, continue to wait....

I'm sharpening my pitchfork...

GreggBear

I'm not an anti Royalist, I have some reservations, but this has just been reported on the BBC, just made my blood boil.....

Charles flew by RAF to Balmorol on Sunday. (essential travel ? ).

His symptoms started on Sunday.

He had a Corona Virus test on Monday. (NHS only testing patients in hospital, no NHS staff).

He had the test results Tuesday. ( I believe the normal waiting time is currently 3 to 5 days).

I wish him a speedy recovery.

I look forward to hearing about a generous donantion from his personal funds to the local Scottish NHS, to any of his staff or their famillies that contract it, or indeed the RAF crew that flew him, and to any of his staff back in Gloucestershire that he may well have already infected.
Hope you're not holding your breath....😕

Jenrai

I think we should cut the royal family a bit of slack, no matter what you think these are not ordinary folk. They do generate a huge amount of income for the UK, employ thousands of people and raise money and awareness for charity. Plus Charles is our next king so a bit of looking after is not excessive.

Millie Master

I am a staunch loyal royalist despite the fact that they do have some amazing richard heads amongst them!

Initially I was very sceptical about HRH Charlie boy going up to Scotland, but now knowing the facts I can fully understand the reasons behind the decisions for him to do so, which I may add were not his decisions.

maingate

It is a cunning plan to infect Wee Krankie and install a plastic Jock as Chief Minister in her place.

I reckon the SNP will be wise to this and appoint Rab C Nesbitt as Deputy Leader.

Allen

My initial reaction was of annoyance
I have to stay indoors. If I get symptoms I have to self isolated for 7 days....Only then if things get worse can I ring 111.
Most annoying was the report on BBC News that "He met the criteria for testing"
BolloX.

He's the future king.
BBC just tell it as it is. We may just trust what we read and hear in future.

Trotter

At last I’ve realised I’m not alone in my opinion of HRH POW. I keep hearing that they do so much for this country. They’re little more than a tourist attraction. Time to sell them on to Disney, turning Buck House, into Disneyland London.
That would work for me.
Written not entirely tongue in cheek.😚
Privileged plonkers p me off

Bigshug

If you think about it buckingham palace is the best place ever to self isolate, look at the front garden they have