WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT THE WEEKEND COMING..?in the van?

Planning ? to go to Brean Sands for a week or so CCC rally and then to see the Carnivals around the area, haven't used the van lately so it needs a shakedown before we head off for Portugal soonest.

How r u enjoying the new van now steve?

brilliant ! more or less sussed out everything apart from the battery state of charge indicator on the control panel screen.
it shows voltage and percentage and they don’t appear to match ie. on an evening voltage can be showing 12.7 volts and percentage can be for instance showing 85%. I would have thought they would match meaning 12.7 volts @ 100% and that is a few hours after any charging of batteries. the Pilote manual is of little help regarding the above as it just gives you an overview of the Xperience control panel. Will have to put my meter on the battery terminals and see what that shows.
There is a few other small quirks that I’m looking into but nothing major. it drives far better than my previous Renault pvc, less body roll and much better acceleration from the 150 bhp engine.
large water tanks are a bonus, more than double the size of the Renault. Nothing has fallen apart yet lol apart from the catch on the shower swing door, called the dealer and they took one of a stock vehicle and posted it out along with some divider curtain hooks, the dog decided to charge through it when she heard something !
Great having a garage to store all the crap I carry with me, most of which never sees light of day ! Going to buy a spare wheel and tyre as like most motorhomes it comes with the repair kit which I’ve never been happy with. On reflection I should have pushed the dealer to supply one but as I reckon I got £2,500 more than I expected for my part ex I didn’t bother.
Had an amber warning light appear on the Fiat dash a few times, contacted the Fiat dealer who advised I come in when it next appears, Sod’s law it’s never come back on, probably a sensor or switch.
ive done more than 3,500 miles since July, reckon I may have to increase the mileage allowance on the insurance as it’s 7,000 at present.
Its early days yet but pleased with things up to now, mind you I would still get a new Hymer if I win the lottery !

Give wully loosercruiser a shout as I sold him a new wheel n tyre which he never, used .at Kelso he was asking if anyone needed it see if size is correct,brand new rim and tyre is also new

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back