What have you sold or got rid of and decided to buy again

grath

When we had a bigger van, I decided my small Travel Guitar was no longer required as I had the room to store a full size guitar on top of the A Class front drop down bed
But with our smaller less room Exsis and with no unused bed it was a pain carrying a full size guitar.
So I have ordered a replacement Washburn Rover Travel Guitar

Here is a photo of my previous Washburn
The replacement has not arrived yet

IMG_8664.JPGIMG_8665.JPG

Caz

In spring 2004 I had a 1989 Autosleeper Frisky campervan which had cost me £5,000, but I part ex'd it for £6,500 against a 6 berth Elddis Autoquest because the kids complained about having to sleep outside in a tent.

Some years later (after going through various folding campers, trailer tents and caravans), I spotted another Frisky on ebay. Daughter had grown up and stopped coming camping, son only came on longer trips in summer and liked having his own tent outside, so I bought it for £1,170. It lasted two years before failing it's MOT spectacularly so I sold it on ebay - for £1,171.

They are the only two vans I've ever had that I haven't lost money on.

Vanterrier

A fiamma tripod table base and short pole for use out doors. I left it in the last van I sold and wished I hadn't. Been looking for its replacement since buying the latest van last November but I'm not going to pay £40 or so... Will keep looking.

K ;)

Clunegapyears

Electric 2 ring hob. Bought one in Italy to use when on site 4 years ago. Then left it in my parents attic. Last year ended up buying another. Just so useful on a site ... hob and draining board fit in kitchen when on EHU and can run and extension cable and cook outside. The original has now been donated to our electrician who cut his overheads and now lives in a library bus conversion ... so a happy home for it.

2cv

When I’d had my Xantia less than a year it needed a replacement hose, which was unobtainable for over 6 months. I sold the car back to the dealer and arranged for it to be collected by trailer. I then went away on a trip working but realised that I would miss having it, so bought it back before collection. Still got it 17 years later and don’t regret it. Nothing modern compares.

DA8A3BD9-0A7F-4F86-B4EE-68CA1F4F1786.png

snapster

Free Member
A good few years ago I bought a 8” Meade LX90 telescope. After a couple of years use, I decided I wanted more Aperture so bought it’s big brother (12”)
It was too big and heavy, so began a few years of swapping and changing, till, eventually, a couple of years ago, bought another Meade LX90 (8”)
Still the best telescope I have ever owned, but now joined by another, similar but more portable 6”.

Then I did almost exactly the same with a few cameras, most of them, I have bought, sold, then bought again.

Then the same with a Citroen 2cv...

Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone..... (there’s probably a song in there somewhere....)

grath

Still waiting for my replacement guitar as not in stock but transiting between importer and supplier.
Looks like next week to me

Molly 3

When we had a bigger van, I decided my small Travel Guitar was no longer required as I had the room to store a full size guitar on top of the A Class front drop down bed
But with our smaller less room Exsis and with no unused bed it was a pain carrying a full size guitar.

View attachment 46503View attachment 46504
I got one its OK but I find neck is a tad narrow for me ,

grath

View attachment 46503View attachment 46504

The replacement as above has arrived today.
It now comes with a shaped case, which is lighter and takes up less room, but can't be chucked around like the previous case could, not as I would.
Played good, straight from the box, just needed a tweak to tune.
All in all, very happyL8JVehh1SleVMnZwAqsm0A.jpgQv32V%GMRUGkcAQsbRBccw.jpg

Last edited:

grath

Just incase anybody is thinking of getting one of these Washburn Travel Guitars
The fretboard is classed as full size.
Although the body is small the frets are pretty normal size

oppy

My 1200 Bandit, 139 bhp ex Bandit Cup, we fell off it and My carer insisted that we got shut and bought something more civilised----------herrumph. Anyone want to buy a BMW R1150 RS ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)