What is this goo (adhesive)


Full Member
To fit the replacement spare wheel carrier I will need to remove the shield under the van that stops muck getting up through the gas locker vent, and then replace it.

It is fixed in place with a soft putty like adhesive. This is similar to that used around the roof vents.

I will need to buy some to refit the shield. What is it?



I think this is the stuff LINK but it is a sealant rather than an adhesive and the cover would need some sort of fixing.


Free Member
Its panel sealant as used in many car panel repair shops and can be bought from any car paint suppliers.
Its not a primary adhesive to hold the panel on, more of a gap filler to waterproof the joint. The rest of the coating is underseal bought from same place.


Free Member
Used to be called dum dum when used as bulkhead moldable seal/sealant years ago!
Modern vehicles must have a modern version.
I would love to know as well.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)